Business Analyst, EdmontonMicroserve's client requires up to two Business Analyst to join its team in Edmonton. This is a contract position (40 hours per week) for 1 year.
ResponsibilitiesFacilitate requirements gathering and validation workshops
- Develop and document project vision(s) and approach.
- Analyze and define business requirements for determining roles, relationships and data structures to meet business, security, privacy and operational requirements.
- Analyze and define data and information requirements needed to address business requirements for use by data modeler and architects responsible for developing logical and physical data models and/or analysis and design class models to meet business requirements.
- Work with business clients and technical teams on the design, development and implementation of business applications.
- Document, analyze and manage business requirements.
- Develop business cases.
- Produce deliverables within specified quality standards.
- Escalate issues and risks, as appropriate.
- Prepare and execute tasks in accordance with a defined project plan.
- Review and provide input on test strategies, plans, and test cases to ensure they adequately cover the defined business requirements.
- Execute tasks in accordance with control processes including schedule management, status reporting, issues, and risk and change management at the project and/or program level.
- Attend necessary meetings to review schedule, status, issues, risk and change management.
- Support project team members in the analysis of issues.
- Prepare status reports, meeting minutes, change requests and other documents to management detailing tasks undertaken and timelines associated to the execution of those tasks.
- Obtain sign-off on the deliverables from the appropriate program/project sponsors.
- The proposed resource must meet or exceed one of the following combinations of education or certification and experience in the resource role:
- University graduation in business, management or a related discipline and two years related experience; OR two-year diploma in business, management or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and two years related experience; OR a one-year certificate in business, management or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and two years related experience; OR five years related experience.
- Candidate must be able to attend an interview in person in Edmonton.
- 9 years’ Experience working in an ICT environment
- 7 years’ Experience working as a Business Analyst within an organization of equivalent size and complexity to the Government of Alberta.
- 7 years’ Experience eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and business process modeling.
- 7 years’ Experience conducting impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes. Details must be provided
- 7 years’ Experience working concurrent projects
- 8 years’ Experience with projects spanning multiple technical environments. Please describe how projects meet the requirement.
- 5 years’ Experience developing Business Cases or Business Case Summaries
- 7 years’ Experience in planning/monitoring User Acceptance testing
- 5 years’ Experience in Business Process Reengineering
- 7 years’ Experience facilitating workshops or JAD sessions.
- 7 years’ Experience working on Enterprise applications
- 5 years’ Experience with change management.
- 6 years’ Experience working in the post-secondary industry and knowledge of its business practices, information, data and technology requirements.
- 3 years’ Experience working in an SQL Server development environment
- 3 year Experience preparing Privacy Impact Assessment documents
- 6 years’ Experience developing and delivering training materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- The ability to learn quickly, problem solve/troubleshoot, work independently and in a team.
- The ability to: manage stress, manage conflict, communicate effectively (verbal and written)
Apply for the Business Analyst position online or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Systems Supports Specialist, Burnaby
Position OverviewAs a member of the Managed Services team you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and technical support to our clients and employees. You are a self-starter who can work well on their own and within a team, you are detail oriented and love working with people.
- Primary job is to perform Level 1 and 2 support via phone or remote control
- Respond to user inquiries by troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems with Windows PC & Servers, troubleshoot configuration and installation problems.
- Perform PC & server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: Network/email accounts, password resets, storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation
- Provide follow-up client contact to ensure satisfactory resolution of service requests and to solicit input concerning need for support services.
- Communicate outages (planned or unplanned), major changes to key stakeholders.
- Continuous learning and advancement of technical skills as required to best support your clients, including self-study, lab time and pursuit of relevant certifications
- Be available and willing to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime (on Standby or via Call out), including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2 year IT related diploma/degree
- A+ certification and 1 of the following Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MOS, MTA, and MCSE) recommended.
- Other Vendor certifications an asset.
- 2+ years’ experience working in Service Desk/Helpdesk
- 1+ years’ experience in IS/IT support preferably in Desktop or Network environment
- Hands on experience with Wired and Wireless networking, PC & Server Support, VM, virus protection, backup systems, VOIP, VMware, Citrix, and other various software applications an asset
- Must be able to follow process and management directives.
- Must have excellent English oral, comprehension and written communication skills and ability to convert technical terms into everyday language to ensure understanding.
- Very detailed and team oriented individual with excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and handle frustrated clients.
- Must be able to multitask in order to reprioritize tasks quickly and deal with constant interruptions while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Experience using an IT Service Management tracking system an asset.
- Customer service or Service Desk certification training an asset.
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundations or equivalent experience an asset.
- The ability to lift/carry/move weights up to 50lbs.
View All Posts