Details for both positions are below and the rest of our current positions are available on the Microserve careers page.
Full Stack Developer, Vancouver
Microserve's client requires up to four Full Stack Developers to join its team in Vancouver. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Building high-volume and highly available
- Has experience with microservices
- Component based UI development
- Backend technologies such as PHP or Scala
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twitter or Facebook APIs)
- Building high-performance, large-scale, distributed server applications, hence you have a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Data structures and design patterns
- Working with libraries like jQuery and react.js
- Cultivating an understanding of the servers and systems your code runs on
- Shipping things efficiently and fast while keeping stakeholders happy and getting things done
- Optimizing and applying best practices
- Automation, including writing unit and integration tests
- Open source contributions or have personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Mentoring and training junior team members
Apply online for one of the Full Stack Developer positions, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Desk Technician, Vancouver
Position OverviewIn this full time role, you will be providing support via phone, email and in person to assist people with their use of Information Technology. This includes hardware, software, operating systems and system administration.
- Providing IT operations support for servers, network switches, firewalls and other computer equipment.
- Providing IT business and application support services for projects and special requests.
- We are looking for a self-starter who can work well on their own and within a team, you are detail oriented and love working with people. You must have superior listening and communications skills.
- Recent graduate of a business oriented information technology program from BCIT, Douglas College, Langara or equivalent.
- MS certification or working experience with MS Windows Server, MS Windows 7 or 8, MS Exchange.
- MS certification or working experience with MS Active Directory.
- MS certification or working experience with MS Office 2010 and/or 2013.
- A+ certification or working experience with computer assembly, repair and configuration.
- Network+ certification or working experience with network switches and firewalls.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
Image is from thetaxhaven.
View All Posts