Have a passion for AV or an Enterprise Information Architecture wonk? We've got jobs for you.This week we're highlighting a new AV specialist working in our Edmonton office and an Enterprise Information Architect for our client based in North Vancouver. You can browse all open positions on our careers page.
AV Specialist at Microserve, Edmonton, AB
Overview:The AV Specialist will perform installation and service work with regards to audio visual products including video walls, LCD/LED/LPD/Plasma displays, projectors, control systems, video conferencing, wiring and cabling, rack work and audio.
- Excellent understanding of telephony integration and technologies, including VoIP, QoS, SIP, Codecs, and mediation
- Experience as an audio/visual installer
- Efficient and organized with strong time-management skills
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate instructions to clients with varying levels of equipment usage experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong focus on quality and customer service
- Able to pass various security levels required by our clientele
- Valid class 5 Operator’s license; Access to a vehicle and a clean driving record
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) is preferred
- Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
- Participation with our technical and professional services teams or independently to deploy the design liaising with the client to ensure a seamless integration
- Developing and obtaining portfolio of certifications required by our vendors and clients
- Onsite or remote troubleshooting, servicing, and installation
- Troubleshooting issues and providing technical support and training for clientele
- Time entry and recording for billable engagements as well as for time tracking and utilization purposes
- Expense tracking for personal and projects is entered accurately
- Provide communication to the Technical Operations Manager and Service Delivery Managers to escalate issues with vendors and clients
- Ensure that client solutions are signed off and paperwork and notification is provided to allow for timely billing of all work and product delivered
- Travel as required
Enterprise Information Architect, North Vancouver, BC
Position OverviewMicroserve's client requires an Enterprise Information Architect to join its team in North Vancouver. This is a 9 month contract position (40 hours per week).
- Develop new and build out existing Enterprise Information Architecture (EIA) artifacts
- Provide insight and support to projects from pre-planning through to implementation, on the information landscape associated with business to guide solution architecture efforts. For example enhanced key data element mappings along with data lineage and extended metadata
- Support end-to-end data quality initiatives
- Assist with development of the enterprise information architecture practice
- Information architecture viewpoints and artifacts including catalogues, matrixes, diagrams
- Presentations of information architecture viewpoints and analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Project deliverables & documentation as required
- Experience in Information Architecture domain in a complex information environment preferred
- Proven ability in engaging with all levels of business customers and IT professionals
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Experience in developing, maintaining and extending Enterprise Information Architecture viewpoints and artifacts
- Ability to interface with business analysts and application staff to ensure that information architecture policies and procedures are incorporated
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
Apply for the Enterprise Information Architect position online or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Posts