Deployment Technician, Microserve Victoria
Operating both from our hardware depot and our client sites, the Deployment Technician is responsible for deploying and retiring IT hardware in our client environment. This may involve physical installation, transfer of settings or data, installation and configuration of software, or training and support for PCs, Laptops, Printers and Peripherals. The deployment technician will also be required to support other departments as necessary, depending on workload.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Customer service, client interaction
- Organization, record-keeping and asset tracking
- Software installation
- Software and network configuration and troubleshooting
- Have own vehicle and driver's license (we offer competitive mileage reimbursement)
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- Ability to work effectively either in a team or individually
- Able to lift heavy printers (up to 50 lbs) and move boxes for extended periods.
- CompTIA Certification (or similar)
- Vendor-specific hardware certification.
- Experience in PC assembly or repair.
- 1 year in an enterprise/business IT environment.
- Pass a criminal history background check.
There may be some travel required to clients based across Vancouver Island. The majority of the time you will be based in Victoria.
You can apply for the Deployment technician job online or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Service Delivery Coordinator, Microserve Burnaby
As a member of the Managed Services team you will be responsible for attaining maximum utilization of internal and remote technical resources and be required to manage, schedule and follow up on the daily tasks and duties of the support team. This will include, but is not limited to, service requests, on-site support requests, reoccurring maintenance tickets and project work tickets. You are a self-starter who can work well on their own and within a team, you are detail oriented and love working with people.
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests.
- Coordination of all IT support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources.
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct customer input.
- Schedule internal and remote technical resources in the dispatch portal.
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Monitors ticket priority, burden and age, and tenaciously facilitates prompt resolution by staff.
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring tickets and system alerts via the ticketing system on a daily basis, and re-assigning as required to ensure all incidents are handled in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Improve usage and increase productivity of IT support resources.
- Report the utilization of IT Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Service Desk Manager.
- Responsible for reviewing time and expenses as it occurs & verifying customer invoices against work performed.
- Enter all work as service tickets into Service Desk Ticketing System.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge.
- Administrative awareness with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Very detailed and team oriented individual with excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication skills, active listening, customer-care and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to do invoicing & billing.
- Understanding the Technical Service Desk environment including tools, techniques and technology.
- Experience with a professional ticket/time entry system. (ConnectWise preferred)
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment and deal with high pressure situations.
- Must be able to multitask in order to reprioritize tasks quickly, follow process and management directives and deal with constant interruptions while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Must have excellent English oral, comprehension and written communication skills
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundations or equivalent experience an asset.
Apply for the Service Delivery Coordinator position online or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Posts