Deployment Technician, BurnabyOur first job is a deployment technician in our Burnaby, BC headquarters. This is an entry-level job, but offers someone the chance to move into other areas of the company. Lots of people come into Microserve at an entry level position and then move into our desktop support team or sales or wherever there is a need and a fit!
The details of the position are below. You can apply online or send an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details for this position are below. You can apply online or send an email with your details to email@example.com.
Deployment Technician, Microserve, Burnaby
Microserve is looking for a Deployment Technician for our team in Burnaby. The Deployment Technician is responsible for deploying and retiring IT hardware in our client environments. This may involve physical installation, transfer of settings or data, installation and configuration of software, or training and support for PCs, Laptops, Printers and Peripherals. This position will typically require travel throughout the lower mainland. This is an entry level position, great opportunity to gain IT experience in a professional enterprise environment!
- Software and network configuration and troubleshooting
- Software installation
- Printer/peripheral installation
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Record-keeping and asset management
- Support other departments as necessary, depending on workload.
- 1 year of related experience in an enterprise/business IT environment
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- Experience in PC assembly or repair
- Experience working with or deploying printers
- CompTIA A+ Certification or vendor-specific hardware certification considered an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting or individually.
- Must have valid BC driver's license (we offer competitive mileage reimbursement)
- Occasionally involves heavy lifting
- This role requires a criminal history background check.
Software Development Engineer/Tester
Position OverviewMicroserve's client requires a Software Development Engineer/Tester to join its team in Vancouver. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Work closely with the scrum teams to automate tests for our mobile apps and platform
- Be able to read code and perform white-box testing with the developers
- Research on emerging testing technologies and develop test tools and test harness
- Be able to provide estimate (story pointing) during backlog grooming
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in test automation or software development
- Solid demonstrated skill in Java
- Knowledge of JSON and REST API
- Demonstrated skill in Selenium, Appium, and Junit are strongly desired
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks and test harness
- Demonstrated skill in Jmeter is strongly desired
- Knowledge of load and performance testing methodologies
- Knowledge of CI process and tools, and code repositories
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong effort estimation and time management skill with a track record of meeting commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about using technologies to test smarter and faster in order to deliver high quality software
Microserve is an IT Solutions Provider with over 25 years of experience. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve is a market leader in our industry. Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients and are always looking for talented IT professionals for contract, permanent and project-based positions.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.
View All Posts