We're back for our blog series to introduce another senior executive to celebrate Microserve's 30th anniversary! Today we will be introducing Nancy Nguyen, Account Executive at our Edmonton office.
Nancy is an accomplished Solutions Sales Specialist and SMB sales, as she has 12 years of experience in the sector from her previous works at IBM and Lenovo. She is responsible for server sales strategy and execution for Alberta and Prairies sector accounts. Let's see what she has to say about Microserve and the evolution in technology in these past decades!1) What do you consider your life motto?
Always put the client first & always do more than is required of you.
2) What do you think is the key to success in the tech industry? You must constantly evolve with the changes in technology and always put the client first.
3) What do you envision the future of technology to look like? Clients have started moving away from traditional infrastructure to virtual and Cloud and this change will pave the way for more automation. Automation will change the work environment as companies move to robotics and artificial intelligence to run more cost efficient operations.
4) What would you say is the biggest challenge facing leaders in the tech industry today? Moving IT from a cost to innovation center, away from traditional IT environments focused on “keeping the lights on” in house to projects that support core business value.
5) How do you or other leaders in your organization communicate Microserve’s “core values”? We have bi-annual town hall meetings with the entire staff in our three branches where we emphasize our core values. We solicit feedback during these meetings from staff based on their experience with clients to develop our core values.
6) What is one mistake you witness leaders in the tech industry making more frequently than others, especially in the sales sector? I often see executives focusing on short term goals versus concentrating on long term strategy.
7) Are there any resources you would recommend to someone looking to gain insight in sales in the IT industry? LinkedIn and Forbes are good resources for IT sales insight. Networking is key so get involved in forums and user groups to gain more knowledge of the industry.
|We're proud to be one of the leading Western Canada IT solutions providers over the past three decades and look forward to continue serving BC and Alberta for many years to come. Stay tuned for more updates and blog posts in the new year!|
View All Posts