Job Code: #1714
Title: Junior Server Administrator
Date Posted: 12/15/2015
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Edmonton Alberta
Position OverviewMicroserve is looking for a Junior Sever Administrator to join our team in Edmonton, Alberta. In this role you will provide operational support and maintenance for our client’s Virtual Server Environment. This is a 6 month contract with the possibility of a long term contract or full time position for the right person.
- Managing and maintaining virtual servers in a Hyper-V Environment.
- Understanding of and resolving common Virtual Machine and host server bottlenecks.
- Administering security permissions and maintaining file servers.
- Hyper-V Administration on various platforms.
- Hyper-V assessments\design and implementation.
- Install, configure, maintain and support Windows Server 2012/2008 operating systems software for all local and remote systems.
- Analyze and resolve problems that may arise during the course of normal operations.
- Maintaining system alignment with ITIL best practices and standards, processes and procedures.
- Maintaining the client’s physical and logical server diagrams and create as needed.
- 2 + years of related Windows Server administration experience.
- 2 years working on Hyper-V platform.
- Extensive working experience in administering and monitoring Hyper-V environments and applying Group policies.
- Solid working knowledge of virtualization concepts and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks independently.
- Ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a successful solution.
About MicroserveMicroserve is an IT Solutions Provider with over 27 years of experience. A Canadian organization with coverage across BC and Alberta, Microserve is a market leader in our industry. Microserve is a flexible and dynamic organization that encourages and rewards hard work, initiative, and out-of-the-box thinking. We pride ourselves on consistently providing high quality service to our clients and are always looking for talented IT professionals for contract, permanent and project-based positions.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.
Apply online or email to considered for this position.
View All Posts