You can apply for this position online or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Operations Manager - Managed Services". Here are all the details for the position...
The Operations Manager, Managed Services is responsible for all aspects of IT service operations within the Managed Services Team. This includes providing direction and oversight to our service delivery team, monitoring service delivery, and handling any issues or escalations. Client relations and communications are an important part of this role.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in IT Service Management, technical experience and expertise relating to overall IT operations, a well-developed business acumen, and excellent people management skills. The Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for the satisfaction of Microserve's clients, which is the overarching focus in all we do. This position requires excellent organization, follow-up, team motivation, management and mentorship, documentation, and customer service skills.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Provide operational management of our Technical and Service Delivery team members, including Support Teams, Centralized Services, Network Admin and Service Delivery
- Manage team member workloads and utilization, timesheet and expense approvals, and performance management
- Create and maintain MMS team processes, standard operating procedures, and documentation with a goal of standardizing all repeatable tasks within the team for optimal and efficient service delivery
- Help new recruits to become MMS team techs as quickly and as seamlessly as possible, and operationally assist them as our managed service business scales
- Monitor utilization and staffing levels for all team members, and work with HR to hire new team members as needed
Customer & Service Delivery Management:
- Ensure SLA achievement for all of our customers
- Manage client relationships and communications including developing and providing Incident Reports for any major customer incidents, handling escalations, monitoring and sometimes participating in quarterly business reviews and proposal creation
- Monitoring and managing Service and Team Performance KPIs to make sure it is aligned with client commitments (E.g. SLA, FCR, utilization, etc)
- Develop New Client Onboarding Project procedures and documentation, including communications templates
- Ensure optimal billable utilization of team members, and maximize department profitability through efficient service delivery
- Maximize efficiency through design, optimization and implementation of operational processes
- Participate in ongoing pricing strategy and optimization
- Ensure all invoicing is completed accurately and on a timely basis
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of similar size
- IT operations background including end user support and server and datacenter. Understand event / alert management, and incident and change management processes.
- Knowledge of and experience in ITSM frameworks (ITIL, CoBIT, etc) and tools (Remedy, Service Now, Service Desk Express, Autotask, ConnectWise, etc)
- Troubleshooting capability. Problem-solve issues and be able to mentor team members through systematic troubleshooting in a timely manner
- Motivating and managing teams effectively while multitasking across many fronts
- Maximizing process efficiency through effective team leadership and collaboration
- Highly organized and able to keep track of not only their own tasks, but tasks assigned to all team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service focus
- Relevant postsecondary education and training is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail reflected in the ability to and interest in reporting on and actioning data relating to departmental performance, including financial and utilization
- Budget responsibility is an asset, general business acumen a must
View All Posts