Backend Developer (Permanent)
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The client is building sophisticated technology to transform how brands grow in e-commerce channels. They use data and machine learning to ensure our customers’ brands are well-represented, discovered, and purchased. In turn, they drive sales and profitability for brands that they cannot achieve elsewhere.
They are obsessed with their customers and with building a company, product, and culture that serves their customers and team well.
The company is seeking a talented & intellectually curious Backend Engineer to build data pipelines, backend systems, and APIs that turn large quantities of data into valuable products. In this role, you will get to collaborate with amazing colleagues to solve challenging problems, have a material impact on their success, and grow with their company.
What you will do
• Architect and implement data pipelines that ingest and process large quantities of structured and unstructured data from varied sources.
• Scale our ability to use the data we collect to build production applications and machine learning models.
• Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and product managers to design and build APIs and systems for our products.
• Ensure our systems are secure and easy to build, test, and deploy.
• Define and inform our product and technical roadmaps. Review code.
• Constantly seek and deliver feedback so that we make good decisions for our customers and company.
What they're looking for
• You have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, but if you do not then you have sufficient & relevant industry experience.
• You have 4-6 years’ experience building/operating backends services.
• You have a solid systems background, experience implementing distributed systems, and experience building web APIs.
• You are an experienced Python programmer with hands-on, in-depth knowledge of relevant tools & frameworks in Python’s ecosystem.
• You understand very well the HTML page structure and can parse the pages and extract content elements.
• You have deployed software to cloud environments. GCP experience is a plus, as is experience with DevOps tooling for provisioning, configuration, and deployment.
• You have sharp analytical abilities, proven software design skills, and a track record of delivering quality products.
• You can take high-level product and technical direction to drive priorities and manage work.
• You have excellent writing & communication skills.
Qualifications they prefer, but are not required
• Experience leading a team to build a complex software system that has been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience influencing best practices for software engineer teams.
• Experience communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience building software in the startup world or as a consultant.
• Competitive base salary
• Equity stake
• Competitive benefits
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.