BI Reporting Developer for Fin SCM & BCRTC AM (8 Month Contract)
New Westminster, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Reporting to the clients Project Manager and working closely with the project team and other business stakeholders, the successful candidate will provide BI Development services, including development of cubes, reports, dashboards and navigation.
Specific services to be provided include (but are not limited) to the following:
• Creates custom reports or dashboards including simple lists or charts to highly complex multi-page dashboards mostly using Infor Cognos BI Enterprise Reporting platform.
• Designs and implements BI Reports & Dashboards
• Designs and implements BI cubes
• Designs and implements navigation between BI report, dashboards and BI Portal (Sharepoint)
• Provides input into data warehouse design & implementation
• Supports execution of system testing
• Supports execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Set-ups Report and cubes user access.
• Creates deployment plans for BI technology deliverables
• Supports deployment of BI technology deliverables
• Assists with end-user training of data models and reporting interfaces
• Assists with Organization Change Management (OCM) activities as required
• Liases with business stakeholders and supports business analysis
• Contributes to the project plan as required
• Provides Business Intelligence best practice consulting
Knowledge and Experience
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Diploma in computer science from a recognized institute of technology including courses in database design, programming, business and systems analysis. 5+ years requirements analysis and/or process improvement experience
• 5+ years of Business Intelligence implementation projects.
• Ability to prepare and analyze data using cubes, Excel and SQL.
• Expert knowledge and experience of Cognos BI Enterprise Reporting platform, Microsoft BI technologies, including SSAS, SSRS, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power Viewer and Power BI.
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft SharePoint in conjunction with Microsoft BI technologies.
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL Server Database.
• Training and experience in best practice business intelligence techniques and best practices.
• Strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to gather, analyze, and consolidate information from a variety of sources (i.e. documents, interviews, brainstorming sessions, etc.).
• Proven track record of working with business stakeholders.
• Ability to work collaboratively, professionally, and effectively with the project team, the business stakeholders, and the end users.
Nice to have knowledge, skills, and abilities are listed below:
• Data model design
• Reporting interface design
• ETL/ELT data lake & data warehousing development lifecycle
• Data management and data quality
• Experience working in an unionized environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access databases
• Experience creating SharePoint lists & sites
Standard business intelligence development deliverables and supporting documentation will be expected. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
• BI Reports & Dashboards (especially using Infor Cognos BI Enterprise Reporting platform)
• BI interface navigation (i.e. SharePoint & SSRS)
• BI Cubes design & implementation
• Data load processes to BI cubes.
• Input to navigation design
• Input to wireframes and simple reporting interface mock-ups
• Input to simple data models for data warehousing and analytics
• Assistance with UAT Documents & plans
• Assistance with user training
• Process and system user guide documents (i.e. user reference guide, operations guide, help/FAQ content, etc.)
• System deployment documents (i.e., deployment plan, service desk guide, etc.).
Note; this is an opportunity with a Microserve client