Business Analyst and Project Support – IT Infrastructure (6 month contract)
Location: Burnaby, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The Project Services department is responsible for delivering a wide range of IT infrastructure projects for the health industry. The Business Analyst and Project Support will be responsible for assisting with delivering these IT infrastructure projects.
The Business Analyst and Project Support’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the Technical Project Manager with coordinating all aspects of the IT infrastructure projects undertaken by the Project Services department, helping to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as identified in the project plan
- Provide support for tracking /managing the project deliverables, schedule, financials, and quality
- Assisting with the requesting and management of project resources, including network infrastructure, data storage, server / virtualization, and database services resources, as required, based on the scope of the assigned projects
- Assist with tracking project progress according to the project plan, and reports on the status of the projects and any key issues that are encountered
- Preparation of project change requests for any changes in scope, schedule, and budget
- Development of user acceptance test scripts and coordinate user acceptance testing activities with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Assist with the assembly, printing and distribution of training materials for end users. Coordination of the go-live support training if needed.
- Management of the go-live activities list and go-live issues log and updates to daily go-live issue statistics. Create and manage the go-live support schedule. Provide on-site support for the go-live.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, or a related discipline, plus five (5) years recent related experience which includes project planning, analysis and implementation. Public Service and Health Sector experience and knowledge an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out business process mapping and fit gap analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability manage multiple interactions with multiple groups while working on multiple issues at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to provide user support, advice and training, and other user liaison services.
- Experience with being part of a project management team, managing some project management tasks for a range of IT infrastructure (servers, storage, voice / data / wireless networking) projects in large, outsourced IT service delivery organizations
- Enjoy working as part of a team and respect for chain of command.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- A Degree in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of two (2) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Diploma in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of three (3) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Certificate in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of four (4) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- An absolute minimum of six (6) years of directly related Consulting Category experience.
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.