Business Analyst for ERP (8 Month Contract)
New Westminster, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The Business Analyst (BA) will work with the product owners, stakeholders from various business units, andwith related vendors and suppliers to define and document business processes and requirements for one or more technology-related projects under the ERP program. The Business Analyst will also participate in, support, and/or lead key aspects of the Enterprise Asset Management project. This may include report fitgap analysis, testing, and data migration/analysis.
Reporting to the Sr. Functional Lead and working closely with the Product Owners, the Business Analyst(s) will provide the following services to an appropriate level of detail as determined by the Sr. Functional Lead:
1. Business Processes
1.1. Work with Product Owners to gather, analyze, and document detailed business requirements, design, and processes.
2.1. Perform fit-gap analysis against Out of The Box Reports.
2.2. Lead discussions with stakeholder groups to identify, prioritize, analyze, and document report and data requirements.
2.3. Deliver report and data requirements to developers.
2.4. Support development and testing by ensuring reports meet business requirements.
2.5. Test reports and validate data once they are developed.
3.1. Lead or coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
3.2. Support delivery and development of SIT (Systems Integration Testing) and UAT test plans; ensure business requirements are met.
3.3. Develop use case scenarios and evolve them into test scripts.
3.4. Elaborate and document detailed testing steps.
3.5. Lead or support defect triage, issue resolution, and progress reporting.
3.6. Execute test cases, as required.
4. Data Migration
4.1. Validate and assist with data migration and conversion activities, as required, to ensure requirements for the solution are met.
4.2. Gather data requirements to meet business requirements and to align with business design.
4.3. Conduct data analysis, as required.
5. Other activities as required
Knowledge and Experience
• Ability to learn quickly and to work independently
• Ability to effectively build relationships in remote work scenarios
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to apply structured problem-solving and decision-making techniques and facilitate discussions with different stakeholders
• Must have relevant work experience (as documented in Services section) in one or more ERP projects
• Must have Hands-on knowledge of process design methodology and tools such as MS-Visio
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, SharePoint)
• Working knowledge of Agile tools such as Azure DevOps and/or willing to learn prior to starting the role
• Knowledge and experience in Asset / Work Management functions in a Maintenance environment is desirable
• Familiar with data maintenance practices, reporting tools or analytics in enterprise settings is desirable
• Previous experience with implementing ERP Asset Management systems such as SAP, Oracle E-Business or Infor/Hexagon EAM/CSF is desirable
Standard business analysis deliverables and activities will be expected although they may be modified to suit the scope and scale of the project from time to time. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Use Cases;
2. Process Diagrams and Flowcharts;
3. Reporting Requirements Documents;
4. Fit-gap Analysis Documents;
5. Decision Analysis and Supporting Documents;
6. Process Definition documents;
7. Standard Operating Procedures;
8. Participation in Scrum teams during sprints;
9. Build and lead the building of Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Steps, Expected Test Outcomes, Test Parameters etc.;
10. Execute and/or Monitor Testing activities during Functional, Integration and Regression Testing phases;
Note; this is an opportunity with a Microserve client