Change Management Specialist
Location: Vancouver, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
- Support various departments and projects as needed for change activities
- Take direction for the Change Lead and Program Manager on approach, strategy, and methodology
- Excellent Growth opportunity for more broad change management experience
- Conduct Change Impact Assessments.
- Create Change Journey Maps, including recommendations for change engagement activities.
- Create or Support the creation of Training plans, Training Needs Assessments, curriculums, or materials.
- Create or support the creation of Communication plans and deliverables.
- Complete process mapping and/or process design.
- Proactively manage key stakeholder relationships to support and monitor change adoption.
- Working closely with stakeholder groups to prepare for transition and sustainment.
- Support the Change Lead in managing the overall change plan, including project management of change activities, key milestones, tracking and reporting of risks and issues, and other project activities.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Manage the relationship with the external providers to ensure their performance and products or services meet the contractual agreement.
- Interact with stakeholders to define rate of adoption of the changes taking place and identify gaps to be addressed.
- Identify change management related risks and appropriate mitigation strategies to the project / program. Ensure strategies are embedded within the change management plan.
- Proven project team leadership, negotiation, and conflict management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and influence skills
- Excellent problem solver who follows rigorous logic to bring effective solutions to complex problems (considering technical and business needs)
- Leads with a business mindset. Able to interpret and translate technical reports/specificatons into understandable business summaries which engage business leadership
- Effectively balances big picture thinking with a diligence for detail.
- Work effectively with diverse clients, co-workers and levels of technical knowledge
- Positive, flexible and open-minded with a hands on approach towards work assignments
- Able to prioritize, manage, and handle multiple tasks with a proven ability to discern between critical and less important problems
- Able to maintain a calm professionalism and effectively collaborate under pressure
- A quick learner, with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- University degree, or college diploma in the field of Communications, Business, Information Technology, or other relevant field.
- Project Management Institute, PMP Certification an asset
- 5+ Years of Change Management experience, or a combination of Change Management and Project Management experience.
- Experience in various project development methodologies (i.e. SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, Design Thinking, etc.).
- PROSCI, CMP, ACMP certification an asset
- Financial services experience is an asset.
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint, and Sharepoint skills required.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt as needed.
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.