Consultant – Digital Strategy (6 Month Contract)
Location: Vancouver/ Hybrid
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The Consultant – Digital Strategy contractor shall provide the following services:
– Works collaboratively with all business areas, applications and technology teams, and external partners, including stakeholders, to support development of key strategies, organizational processes, and completion of deliverables.
– Provides strategic level input on complex, enterprise initiatives from strategic frameworks and business case preparation to supporting planning and implementation activity while liaising with initiative teams and stakeholders
– Leads large, highly complex, enterprise-wide initiatives to support business and corporate strategic initiatives.
– Engages stakeholders across various departments within the company and with external parties
– Collaborates with senior leadership to enhance capabilities and ensure alignment with strategic and continuous improvement priorities
– Provides direction and guidance to initiative team members, who may come from various professional areas
– Manage the collaborations of cross-functional teams to achieve the initiative goals
– Develops full-scale plans and schedules, and leads the analysis, strategy, planning, and implementation of key initiatives
– Analyzes highly complex requirements to identify key dependencies, identify the critical path, and
determines the best ways achieve the initiative’s benefits and goals.
– Facilitates the definition of initiative strategy, scope and deliverables in coordination with various stakeholders, defines initiative tasks and resource requirements, and coordinates initiative activities within a work plan
– Manages full initiative life cycle including discovery, initiation, planning, implementation, monitoring, control and documentation; create initiative documents such as scope statements, plans, work break-down structure (WBS), sprint plans, schedules, charters, presentations and status reports
– Monitors progress of initiatives to ensure initiatives are within scope, schedule, and meet quality standards;
provides regular initiative status reports.
– Leads the initiative teams to resolve problems and issues; manages initiative risks and issues.
– Anticipates changes in internal or external environment, and proactively finds ways to mitigate the risks to serve the business.
– Effectively communicates to cross-organizational team members and stakeholders including external partners, provincial / federal government departments and vendors.
– Explains complex initiative issues to non-technical audience.
– Influences to gain executive support on initiative decisions.
– Performs other related duties as assigned
1. Develop frameworks for the Digital Strategy including principles, pillars, and key elements
2. Work with Data and Digital Strategy Committee and Working Group to develop and manage a Work Plan
3. Conduct an environmental scan of current state practices, opportunities, and challenges
4. Conduct a gap analysis and a capability maturity assessment to support the development of operating models, processes, procedures, and engagement
5. Engage with leadership, communities and ecosystem partners to understand requirements, opportunities, and expectations
6. Evaluate tools and resource requirements to support the implementation of a 5 Year Roadmap
7. Provide ongoing reporting and escalation as needed
8. Based on the outcomes of the foregoing, provide recommendations related to organizational design
9. Prepare presentations to support updates to Executive Strategy Team (EST) for advice and feedback
– Experienced in working in a culturally diverse enterprise environment, and navigating political climate with ease
– Willingness to learn about the company values and incorporate those values into the assigned tasks
– Must adhere to the Communication in the Workplace policies and values
– Effective analysis, consulting, consensus building, conflict resolution, and negotiation and team skills are an asset
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to manage project stakeholders, as well as take direction from leadership as required
– Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner
– Ability to conduct needs analyses, and to effectively facilitate groups to achieve appropriate outcomes
– Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and workshops; excellent business writing and communications skills
– Ability to identify, obtain, and effectively structure large amounts of material into succinct documents in a timely fashion
– Ability to build relationships, consult with customers and potential customers, both internal and external
– Ability to follow prescribed methodology, take direction and to integrate ideas into the assigned work
– Certificate in Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) is required (or PRINCE II equivalent)
– LEADS Certification considered an asset
– Agile Certification preferred:
o Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Agile Certified Professional (ACP);
o Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM); or
o Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
– Computer skills: Advanced experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and SharePoint 2016
– ITIL Foundation Version 4.0 (or 3.0); certification considered an asset
Education and experience
– A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science/Business Informatics) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– 8+ years of recent direct experience in managing IT business applications and infrastructure projects
– Proven experience in strategic planning
– Proven supervisory and management experience
– Proven experience in risk management and change management
– Proven experience in creating project documents, such as project charter and project management plan, including preparation of briefing documents for the senior executives
– Previous experience in managing business driven or business transformation projects
Note: this is an opportunity with a Microserve client.