Cyber Security Analyst
Opportunities at Microserve
Microserve is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our Professional Services team in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Professional Services Manager your primary focus in this role is to protect our client’s network and systems from cyber-attacks. You will receive technical mentorship and direction from the Cyber Security Practice Lead on a day-to-day basis. This includes performing assessments of clients’ security posture, reviewing and responding to suspicious activities, managing escalated security incidents, and communicating to our clients on cyber security measures.
You will be responsible for not only cyber security operations such as management and configuration of our security related toolsets such as M365, Tenable, and Fortinet, but also performing client cyber security assessments and taking lead in presenting findings and recommendations to our client stakeholders in alignment with their overall technology roadmap and business objectives. You will also take a primary role in implementing related security controls projects for our clients.
This position requires excellent communications and customer service skills, attention to detail, organization, follow-up, team motivation, management and mentorship, and documentation skills.
- Performing assessments of clients’ security posture using industry standard frameworks such as CIS Top 20, NIST, COBIT and ISO 27001 and other industry and government regulatory regimes in collaboration with our Cyber Security Practice Lead
- Preparing reports containing the findings from assessments and recommendation based on those findings in collaboration with the Cyber Security Practice Lead
- Presenting cyber security assessment findings and recommendations to clients in collaboration with our cyber security practice lead
- Work with the Security Practice Lead and the Network Operations Centre Manager to develop and document Security Related Standard Operating Procedures for the Network Operations Center (NOC) Team
- Computer Technology Diploma or Certificate or related field of study with equivalent experience
- Must have 5 or more years’ experience in the IT industry; at least one of which in a Cyber Security specific role
- Hands on experience with Identity management, endpoint detection and response and email security products preferably Microsoft 365 Defender for Identity, Office 365, and Endpoint; Cloud App Security is a must
- Familiarity or experience with management of network devices, routers, switches, wireless devices, and firewalls, preferably Fortinet FortiGate is a must
- Relevant M365 certification (E.g.) MS-500, MS-100, or MS-101 considered highly desirable
- Related cyber security certifications (E.g., certified ethical hacker, CISA, CISSP or Fortinet NSE highly desired
- Experience using ticketing systems (E.g., ConnectWise Manage, Service now, Remedy)
- Knowledge of and experience in ITSM frameworks (ITIL, CoBIT, etc.) and tools (Remedy, Service Now, Service Desk Express, Autotask, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyze complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends
- Willingness and ability to be on-call for security related escalations after regular business hours
- Ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand