Location: Burnaby, BC
Opportunities at Microserve
Microserve is looking for an experienced Deployment Technician to join our team in Burnaby, BC. In this role you would be accountable for deploying and retiring various IT hardware products such as printers, multi-function devices, copier, plotters etc.
The role responsibilities typically involve physical installation, transfer of settings or data, installation and configuration of software, or training and support for Printers and Peripheral. Depending on geography or company needs, there may be a requirement to perform basic work on PC/ desktop/ laptop repairs as well.
This position may be required travel and presence on client sites such as healthcare, government, and post-secondary institutions.
- Basic Windows and Network Connectivity knowledge
- Software and network configuration and troubleshooting
- Software installation
- Printer/peripheral installation
- Diagnose, repair, and upgrade PC software and equipment
- Image workstation for new deployments
- Can complete basic installs: must be able to connect individual devices to the customers network and install drivers onto PCs/ print servers
- Responsible for assigned company assets (i.e., parts, tools, communication and computing devices, vehicles)
- Adheres to documented escalation procedures to resolve customer issues
- Corrects service problems within the assigned products with some assistance, as required.
- Uses basic information about the customer to anticipate needs and to represent our client in a professional manner
- Puts the customer first and works with other employees as required to ensure the delivery of service
- Communicates clearly and confidently with the customer both written and orally as required
- Provides customer training on assigned products in accordance with current field procedures
- Minimum: High School Diploma / GED (experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired)
- Preferred: College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification
- Preferred: 1-2 years of experience as a Service Technician in an on-site role
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment?
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment?
- Experience in PC assembly or repair?
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) considered an asset?
- Must have a solid understanding of electromechanical systems
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75+ lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Must be able to drive a van and a 1 – ton truck as needed
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours if necessary (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
- Proven previous customer facing technical competence
- Demonstrated Windows and Network Connectivity competency
- MS Office experience
- Demonstrated competency in use of laptop applications
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Owning a vehicle is not mandatory but candidate must possess a valid (full) driver’s license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record
At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 250 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.