Desktop Engineer (12 month contract)
Location: Toronto, ON
Staffing Placement Opportunity
- Provide Level-2 and Level-3 technical support for supported desktops, laptops, and peripherals. This includes the following activities
- Strong troubleshooting experience with Windows 10, Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) suite of apps.- Knowledge of M365 suite of apps, like OneDrive, OneNote, Teams, Planner, etc.
- Need exceptional knowledge in MS technology and at least 4 years of exp.
- Azure Portal experience; Azure Active Directory, Licensing, Reporting.
- Previous experience supporting and troubleshooting macOS MacBook workstations
- Previous experience with Audio/Video & Boardroom issues.- Previous knowledge and experience with WebEx.
- VIP White Glove Support; troubleshooting VIP user issues quickly, with excellent customer service.
- Xerox Printer Support experience; Xerox Console Management.
- Networking & Cabling experience.- Correcting hardware problems with supported desktops, laptops and peripherals by coordinating support with OEM vendors
- Managing returns on warranted parts and systems- Packaging and shipping replacement parts to customers
- Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers
- May lead the development of information technology and infrastructure projects
- Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software
- Performing planned maintenance, moves, adds and changes
- Provide support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptops, PDA or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access (VPN)
- Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of the customers to appropriate technical personnel
- Creating and maintaining images for standard systems
- Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices, company policies, and procedures
- Troubleshooting and resolving intermediate LAN connectivity incidents
- Ability to work on call after hours as required
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.