Facilities Project Manager (6 Month Contract)
Location: Vancouver, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
As a Facilities Project Manager you will:
- Be responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design and implementation of a hybrid working model and new workspace strategy project across multiple office locations, including project planning, project management, communications, and vendor management.
- Lead and coordinate a project working group to execute on the various work streams required to implement a hybrid working model and a new way of working.
- Manage external construction and design project managers to oversee the buildout and/or space redesign of both new and existing office premises in two locations.
- Oversee or execute research and reporting on various relevant policy changes and market information relating to facilities and/or workspace planning.
- Assist with the review and execution of legal agreements associated with space planning as needed.
- Provide leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants as needed.
- Engage with various departmental stakeholders across the organization and Property Managers for each office location.
- Procure and manage consultants, contractors or vendors as needed.
- Work with Project Sponsor(s) to document and confirm project objectives, benefits and inter-dependencies.
- Develop and maintain project plans, including the schedule, resource estimates and budget.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the project team, including the assignment and tracking of work packages and tasks.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Leverage project governance to escalate risks or support structured decision making.
- Lead the team in risk and issue identification, review, and mitigation planning activities.
- Brings a creative attitude to support the growth of project management capabilities within the organization.
- Capable of defining approach and building consensus within broad range of stakeholders where ambiguity exists.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills, capable of working effectively with different levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Positive, flexible and open-minded with a hands-on approach towards work assignments.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks across concurrent projects with the ability to delegate or discern between critical and less important problems.
- Able to maintain a calm professionalism and effectively collaborate under pressure.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- A professional project management designation (PMP) 5 years’ experience in a project management role with recent experience in facilities and/or workspace project design
- Experience working with a growing team/growing organization Experience with utilizing
- Organizational Change Management throughout the project lifecycle Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Experience with office space implementation processes including design, construction and procurement within current standards, codes, bylaws and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction projects simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise, provide direction to team members and foster a respectful and motivating environment in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including demonstrated experience in business plan and/or briefing note writing
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.