Full Stack Developer (12 month contract)
Location: Edmonton, AB
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The client is currently in the process of redeveloping the education curriculum. This involves moving the curriculum from a print-based production and delivery process to a digital format. This initiative includes, but is not limited to the following:
- the redesign of standards, guidelines and processes for the development of future curriculum that are competency-focused and student-centered.
- support working collaboratively with school authorities, business, industry and communities to improve educational outcomes for students
The role will involve providing full stack software development services on an inflight agile, cloud software development project as well as several small projects within the Digital Content Management and Delivery branch of the Curriculum Division. The Developer will be joining an extremely creative and highly talented team of individuals that are passionate about creating great products for our educational partners.
- Provide software development and maintenance services for New L
- Provide software development services building, testing, and deploying multi-user / n-tier / Object Oriented applications solution components using all of the following: C#, .Net development, IIS, MS SQL Server and Visual Studio.
- Provide software development services utilizing Amazon AWS cloud platform.
- Ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Design and develop APIs.
- Utilize CI/CD – continuous integration/ continuous deployment tools.
- Translate requirements into functional and technical designs that will be used in the overall solution delivery.
- Provide architectural direction as required.
- Provide technical project leadership as required.
- Write effective unit and automation tests
1. One (1) of the following:
• University degree in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and five (5) years of experience on software development projects.
• Two-year diploma in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and five (5) years of experience on software development projects.
• One-year certificate in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution and seven (7) years of experience on software development projects.
2. Minimum of five (5) years experience as a software developer on software development projects using all of the following: C#, .Net development, IIS, SQL Server, and Visual Studio.
4. Experience developing applications utilizing AWS or Azure.
5. Experience in test-driven development and the associated tools utilized
6. Experience building, testing, and deploying multi-user / n-tier / Object Oriented applications solution components using all of the following: C#, .Net development, IIS, MS SQL Server and Visual Studio
9. Experience with application architecture or solution architecture.
10. Experience in a technical leadership role on software development projects.
11. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and NoSQL
12. Experience as a software developer on education related software development projects
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.