Intermediate Business Systems Analyst – PeopleSoft (3.5 Month Contract)
Location: Remote/New Westminster, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
• Work with business and IT Staff, vendors and other stakeholders to ensure the successful definition of requirements for the PeopleSoft Upgrade project scope and objectives.
• Perform gap analysis for an upgrade/implementation project, liaising with multiple stakeholders and
business users and work with BTS staff and business stakeholders to document the changes.
• Define the business problem, opportunities, risks, and primary objectives related to the project.
• Lead discussions with stakeholder groups to identify and analyze requirements using a variety of techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, use cases/scenarios, workflow analysis.
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into detailed functional and technical specifications.
• Coordinate technology stakeholders to define solutions options and identify technology/service gaps.
• Support User Acceptance Testing as needed.
• Work with other stakeholders to resolve conflicts around functionality, features, and specifications.
• Facilitate related communications and prepare and maintain relevant documentation.
• Fit-gap analysis documents;
• Use Cases;
• Configuration documentation;
• Procedure documents;
• Decision Analysis and Supporting Documents;
• Standard Operating Procedures (for future state/upgraded application);
• Meeting agendas, minutes and action items;
• Testing Plans;
• High level system design specifications including component diagrams, interfaces to related systems, input and output requirements,
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree and formal training on business analysis and/or process improvement techniques.
• 5+ years of level business analysis and process improvement experience.
• Expert level PeopleSoft implementation/upgrade projects (PUM), change assistant knowledge/experience as well as demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll modules.
• Skills and experience in debugging/troubleshooting techniques for technical issues related to infrastructure components including application and web server, change assistant, process scheduler, integration broker, elastic search server, SMTP server and database.
• A well-rounded knowledge of all aspects of the Oracle PeopleSoft architecture and experience with PeopleSoft v9.2 and PeopleTools v.8.57/v8.58.
• Expert experience with PeopleSoft delivered programming languages such as Application Engine and People code and/or creating SQR reports/processes.
• Configuration experience utilizing the PeopleSoft Suite.
• Strong knowledge with working with Application designer.
• Solid knowledge of PeopleSoft Suite of offerings and how to adapt the technologies to the client needs.
• Expert experience with MS SQLServer, strong understanding of RDBMS and excellent SQL skills.
• Training and experience in best practice business analysis techniques and processes.
• Strong analytical, communication, and writing skills.
• Knowledge and experience with the standard MS Office tools including Microsoft Visio (must be proficient)
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client. This position will be remote with onsite work as required by the client.