Lead, IT Service Center (3 Month Contract)
Location: Calgary, AB
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Reporting to the Lead, IT Service Center, the IT Service Center Analyst is the front facing representative for IT, participating in the daily activities related to operations and delivery of IT Services. The critical influence of this role is in ensuring the timely response and resolution to user requests, as well as responding to single and multiple users incidents with the appropriate level of urgency and care.
- Provides the first level technical support business users through our primary methods of contact (Phones, Email, Chat, Self Serve, Deskside support)
- Manages workload in accordance with defined KPI and SLA measurements
- Execute Access Management activities (Account MACD)
- Build and revise process workflows based on changing needs of the company environment and services offered by IT
- Be the central point of coordination for Resolution of complex end user issues.
- Works closely with internal IT partners in “Transition to Operations” guidance and core content requirements for Service Desk support
- Must be innovative in identifying means to improve IT service quality within established boundaries.
Characteristics for Successful Performance:
- Builds and cultivates mutually beneficial relationships with team members and leaders, building strong external networks with people in the industry or profession.
- Creates an environment encouraging the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Applies self-management techniques to include: acting with integrity, demonstrating adaptability, setting personal development goals, and working efficiently.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Experience working with multi-national teams
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills, effectively communicating technical issues.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
Required Professional Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or another relevant field combination of education and real-world experience
- Typically, has >10 years of IT work experience in various user facing roles
- 5 years of experience working in a Service Desk including support for desktop support, customer service and/or production support in multi-platform environments.
- Previous experience in generating knowledge articles
- Microsoft Office and O365
- Windows 10
- MS Teams
- Active Directory
- Citrix and VM configuration
- Proficient troubleshooting VPN technologies
- MS Team enabled Meeting room technology
- Previous experience in developing quick reference guides and self help content for users.
Note; this is an opportunity with a Microserve client.