Junior SCCM and AD Administrator
Location: Burnaby, BC or Saanichton, BC
Opportunity at Microserve
The Junior SCCM and AD Administrator reports to the Manager of Technology Integration Center and is a member of the Configuration and Imaging Center. They will assist Team members with support, maintenance and optimization of desktop imaging, AD configuration, and software package distribution issues in a large enterprise desktop environment. They work alongside Configuration/imaging center members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, document changes, and assist with testing, assessment, diagnosis and resolution of imaging and software distribution incidents. Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Technology Integration Center, they maintain network systems and may configure devices, enable services or respond to end customer requests for configuration status information. The Junior SCCM and AD Administrator participates in informal and formal network learning opportunities and may travel on an as needed basis.
- Provides ongoing systems support including installation, customization, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware / software systems.
- Provides support to address the availability and reliability issues on systems across multiple locations.
- Operational responsibilities include remediation of daily incident tickets, system compliance responsibilities, system run enhancement testing and staging, policy / procedure enhancements and adherence, client contact coordination and operational recommendations.
- Deploy Software packages to client systems using software such as Microsoft SCCM, Solarwinds N-Able, or Active Directory Group Policy
- Assist in the development and maintenance of process and procedure documents as well as documentation for troubleshooting SCCM and package deployment issues
- Provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Pushing software packages from Server to devices.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve escalated client issues to ensure application fully satisfies customer in terms of data integrity, application expectations and other factors per customer requirements
- Conducts system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for issues related to system software performance, availability and reliability
- Assist in the diagnosis of operating systems software/hardware failures and develops solutions
- Perform system maintenance and maintain current documentation
- Apply client and internal images and software on workstations, laptops and other end-user compute devices
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of desktop management experience specifically in AD and SCCM Administration in a Windows server operating systems environment.
- Broad knowledge of desktop technologies and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Experience implementing/managing desktop management platforms, imaging, software deployment and related technologies
- Technical computer knowledge & troubleshooting skills is a must
- Demonstrated professional experience in a fast paced, customer service oriented role
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- Experience in PC assembly or repair
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) considered an asset
- Vendor-specific hardware certification desired
Position specific requirements
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)
Employee will understand, meet and live our core values
Will Sweep Floors, Openness, Flexibility, Not Stuffy, Customer Driven