Level-2 technical remote & on-site support
Staffing Placement Opportunity
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Level-2 technical remote & on-site support for supported desktops, laptops, printer, and mobile devices. This includes the following activities:
• Maintaining standard software configurations, including troubleshooting, loading and configuring software images, supported applications and drivers
• May participate in IT projects as required
• Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved desktop software via SCCM or on-site.
• Performing planned maintenance, install, moves, adds and changes; either remotely or on-site.
• Provide support services to employees with technical problems involving desktop, laptops, mobile devices or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access (VPN)
• Provides timely resolution of incidents or escalation on behalf of the customers, liaise with other technical departments to resolve technical issues.
- Installing, supporting and troubleshooting approved Apple or Android devices
- Mobile Device Management for Apple or Android devices
- Provide support for with Multi-Factor Authentication
• Exercises judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, take initiative and be pro-active analyzing ticket trends
• Provide feedback to appropriate teams for creation and maintenance of standard images, document as required.
• Requires little day-to-day supervision; able to work on assigned tickets in queue independently, and ensure SLA’s are being met.
• Ability to work on call after hours as required either remotely or on-site.
• Communicate effectively with multiple customers and co-workers
• Able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Providing case status updates to management and end-users
• Providing phone support and diagnostics to remote customers on VPN.
• Participating in training programs designed to educate customers about basic and specialized applications.
• Provide feedback and recommendations for KBA, as well as create and update KB Articles for ticketing system wiki. (Knowledge Based Articles)
- Needs to be bi-lingual French and English
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliability and a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Solid technical and analytical skills required
- Ability to troubleshoot, support, and repair software and hardware for desktop and laptop computers
- Knowledge of supported Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience with Active Directory administration
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, use and troubleshooting techniques of supported versions of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities
- Experience troubleshooting intermediate complex local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent certifications and experience required
- Beginner Level Service Now experience
- Intermediate Level SCCM experience
- Beginner Level Mobile Device Management experience – WorkspaceONE/AirWatch experience preferred but not mandatory
- A+ Certification recommended, MCTS, MCITP, ITIL Certification preferred
- 5+ years of related experience preferred
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to lift 50lbs (printers, desktop machines, etc.)
Note; this is an opportunity with a Microserve client