Network Analyst (12 months contract)
Location: Burnaby, BC
Staffing placement opportunity
The Network Analyst will be responsible for monitoring the infrastructure as well as support any major incident troubleshooting activities with TS Tier 3 Teams. Other activities include but not limited to: Monitoring the Network infrastructure via a variety of tools and dashboards utilized by the SOC
• Provide network troubleshooting services both during and outside the normal business hours, as required
• Liaise with TS operations teams to maintain currency on technical standards, tool sets, and operational practices
• Develop an understanding of the current standards related to the network configurations, equipment and operations supporting that infrastructure
Education/ Certificate/ Experience:
- A Degree in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of two (2) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Diploma in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of three (3) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Certificate in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of four (4) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- An absolute minimum of six (6) years of directly related Consulting Category experience.
Must be available to work alternating 4x 12-hour shift days, nights and over weekends on rotating schedules. For example 4×12-hour day shifts; followed by 4×12- hour night shifts; followed by 4×12-hour day shifts.
• In-depth knowledge / experience with current network standards and industry best practices required to implement and maintain a reliable data network.
• Extensive experience with enterprise-grade Cisco network hardware
• Self-directed, highly motivated, and results-oriented
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
• Good written and verbal communication skill
Note: this is an opportunity with a Microseve client.