Field Services Manager
Location: Burnaby, BC
The purpose of this role is to provide operational oversight and leadership for the delivery of end-user device technology services in Burnaby and the Lower Mainland, in order to driver operational and service excellence, consistency and clarity, and advance business objectives.
Reporting to the VP of Technical Services, the Technical Services Manager will assign and direct all work performed in the branch and to supervise all areas of the operation throughout the BC Lower Mainland. The Manager will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and manage the delivery of Services to our customers. The Manager will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and work with sales to ensure targets are achieved.
Key Areas of Accountability
Office Operations & Management
- Contribute in identifying and meeting company goals and metrics
- Assist in the recruitment, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development , motivation and discipline employees
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
Technical Services Management
- Provide management for all end user support services, including depot and onsite support services for desktop, laptop, and printer technologies, managing IMAC activities and desktop/printer refresh projects
- Monitor Technical Services engagements on an ongoing basis and escalate any issues to the VP of Technical Services and/or Client Managers
- Document policy and procedures to support on-going operations.
- hurdles including conflicting interests, political biases, and resistance to organizational change to ensure win-win solutions.
- Manage the Profit and Loss reporting for projects
- Work closely with Technical Services Team to make sure that time tracking, and invoicing remains current and up to date
Client Relationship Management
- Address customer satisfaction issues promptly
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Attending meetings with clients to build relationships with existing accounts.
- Achieving client relationship targets and KPI’s
- Working closely with Account Managers and sales representatives
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively.
New Business Development
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
- Assist in RFP responses and presentations as required
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Participate in pricing the solution/service
- Support the sales team in the development of new and existing opportunities.
- Reports to the VP of Technical Services
- Direct reports could include: Technical Services staff, Configuration center staff, Asset Recovery staff, project staff.
- Assist in the development and share knowledge with other branches on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Customer satisfaction and retention
- Staff retention
- New business development
- Profitability of Technical Services, and cost management
- Continuous improvement of internal operations
- Increase in client base
- Reduction of staff turn over and increased morale