Operations System Administrator (Contract to Hire)
Location: Remote/Vancouver, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The position of System Administrator is responsible for the efficient support of client servers, desktop computers and their application software. The position is also responsible for the development, managing and execution of projects in support of business objectives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day computing needs of the staff including arranging for support in the divisions.
- SCCM – some experience patching done through it and imaging
- Experience with AD and VMware would be an asset
- Must have experience with providing support to over 100 active machines at any one time
- Experience with Network configuration
- Good understanding of cloud computing like AWS and Azure
- Build servers, check to make sure things are running keeping the lights on
- Responsible for maintaining the company’s IT servers. This includes ensuring all relevant patches are installed, there is enough disk space for business needs and that a recovery procedure is in place.
- Manage the backup and recovery process and ensure that data and systems are recoverable.
- Maintain up-to-date systems and DR documentation.
- Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
- Level 3 support of desktop operating systems and application software.
- Monitoring the current system and server application software levels and arranging for updates when they are available.
- Researching and testing new software that might be of use to the business requirements.
- Provide training to staff
- Ensure that computing standards are adhered to.
- Supervise co-op and/or junior IT staff to ensure they are working on agreed tasks/projects
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology from a recognized institution.
- Ten years work experience in the IT field.
- Microsoft certifications an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Support oriented with the ability to provide clear and accurate instructions to users in a variety of situations
- Good judgement with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client. The role will be remote to start and will be transitioned to on site as requested by the client.