Print Services Tech, Team Lead
Location: Burnaby, BC
Opportunity at Microserve
Microserve is looking for a Print Service Tech, Team lead to join our growing team in Burnaby, BC. Reporting directly to the Manager of Print Services, the Print Services Tech, Team Lead will manage a team of break fix technicians to meet the service requirements of the customer base in the assigned lower mainland region. You will also be the escalation contact for dedicated customers as a part of our managed print services.
You should be able to implement new ideas and solutions successfully to improve the performance of our existing team and inspire our customers. In this central function, you work as team lead to take on an important function for all operational service tasks and communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage service calls between technicians across a geographic area to meet SLAs
- Perform full diagnose on any service tickets of copiers, printers and MFD’s raised by our remote technicians and clients and be able to assist them over the phone
- Use basic information about the customer to anticipate their needs and develop and implement technical solutions
- Planning and conducting operational meetings with customers
- Implementation of measures to ensure high service performance and customer satisfaction
- Communicate clearly and confidently with the customers and internal specialist departments both written and orally as required
- Depending on geography or company needs, there may be a requirement to perform basic printer repairs within the lower mainland
- Analysis of customer performance and implementation of measures for continuous improvement
- Direct the day-to-day work duties of your team
- Provide coaching and mentoring of your team with direct support from the Print Services Manager
- College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification preferred
- Practical experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired
- Manufacturers certifications for printers – Preferred
- Existing knowledge of manufacturers service advisory and parts lookup processes considered an asset
- 5-10 years of experience as a technician in an on-site break-fix role
- Understands electromechanical systems and be able to troubleshoot to the component level using diagnostic processes and test equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours if necessary (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
- Proven previous customer facing technical competence
- MS Office knowledge and experience (Excel, Visio, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to build trusting relationships both internally and externally
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner with assertiveness
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must have High School Diploma / GED
- Must have a valid (full) driver’s license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record
At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 350 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.