Location: Calgary, Alberta
Opportunity at Microserve
Accountable for servicing and repairing various products such as printers, multi-function devices, copier, plotters etc. and perform additional duties, as required. The role responsibilities typically involve the routine maintenance and repairs of the above-mentioned devices within a specified geography in the lower mainland. Depending on geography or company needs, there may be a requirement to perform basic work on PC/ desktop/ laptop repairs as well.
- Uses basic information about the customer to anticipate needs and to represent our client in a professional manner.
- Puts the customer first and works with other employees as required to ensure the delivery of service.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with the customer both written and orally as required.
- Provides customer training on assigned products in accordance with current field procedures.
- Adheres to documented escalation procedures to resolve customer issues.
- Performs full range of maintenance on copiers, printers and MFD`s including technical diagnostics, software loads, print driver installs, network installations, removal, retrofit and customer call assistance.
- Corrects service problems within the assigned products with some assistance, as required.
- Basic Windows and Network Connectivity knowledge
- Can complete basic installs: must be able to connect individual devices to the customers network and install drivers onto PCs/ print servers.
- Responsible for assigned company assets (i.e. parts, tools, communication and computing devices, vehicles).
- Maintains and manages onsite inventory with a high degree of effectiveness.
- College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired
- COMPTIA – A+ / PDI certification preferred
- Manufacturers certifications for printers
- Has knowledge of manufacturers service advisory and parts lookup processes considered an asset
- 1-3 years of experience as a technician in an on-site break-fix role.
- Has understanding of electromechanical systems and be able to troubleshoot to the component level using diagnostic processes and test equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours if necessary (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
- Proven previous customer facing technical competence.
- Ability to work unsupervised and travel to support surrounding geographies, as required.
- Demonstrated Windows and Network Connectivity competency
- MS Office experience
- Demonstrated competency in use of laptop applications
- Proven ability to work cooperatively within a team environment.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must have High School Diploma / GED
- Must have a valid (full) driver’s license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record