Location: Vancouver, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
- Work with Project Sponsor(s) and/or Program Manager(s) to document and confirm project objectives, benefits and inter-dependencies in a project charter.
- Develop and maintain project plans, including the schedule, resource estimates and budget.
- Manage the day to day activities of the project team, including the assignment and tracking of work packages and tasks.
- Collaborate with the Sponsor(s) and/or Program Manager(s) to support project procurement activities.
- Follow the Program Manager’s guidelines and collaborate with vendors and partners to monitor project performance, manage risks and report on progress.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Leverage project governance to escalate risks or support structured decision making.
- Support the program manager(s) by managing dependencies and constraints across projects, participate in risk review and mitigation planning activities.
- Contribute to the creation and standardization of project management methodology for the organization
- Brings a creative attitude to support the growth of project management capabilities with the organization over time, and adapt as needed to stakeholders’ varying levels of capacity for project management rigore.
- Capable of defining approach and building consensus within a broad range of stakeholders where ambiguity exists.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills, capable of working effectively with different levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Positive, flexible and open-minded with a hands on approach towards work assignments.
- Able to prioritize, manage, and handle multiple tasks across concurrent projects with the ability to delegate or discern between critical and less important problems.
- Able to maintain a calm professionalism and effectively collaborate under pressure.
- Quick learner, with the ability to adapt quickly to new concepts and tools.
- University degree, or college diploma in the field of Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent related job experience.
- 5+ years Project Management experience, direct experience in enterprise-wide business transformation projects.
- Experience working with a growing team/ growing organization.
- Experience in structured project management methodologies and toolset.
- Proven track record of delivering concurrent business and technology projects in a program setting.
- Experience in agile/waterfall hybrid environment is an asset.
- Previous experience as a hands on Project Manager / Business Analyst, someone who can collaborate closely and build relationships with both functional and technical teams.
- Experience with utilizing Organizational Change Management throughout the project lifecycle.
- PMP Certification an asset.
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.