Project Support Manager (18 months)
Location: Surrey, BC
Staffing placement opportunity
The Advance program is looking for a Project Support Manager, with extensive experience leading complex EHR implementations, including concepts in dynamic scheduling. Each of the Project Support Managers will hold overall project management accountabilities, as well as, specific functional accountabilities based on the areas of the program they are assigned to lead, support and drive. Knowledge with Health Information Management, Patient Access, and Revenue Cycle functions in Meditech considered an asset.
All proponents must demonstrate skills and experience working in a dynamic and fluid environment that will require understanding of concepts associated with Dynamic Scheduling.
All project support managers will hold the following common scope of activities regardless of specific functional accountability across the Advance Program:
- Lead and drive the planning, coordination, execution and management of day-to-day activities associated with each of the PM’s functional areas of accountability;
- Ensure integration of project management activities with the master project plan, as well as across multiple work streams and domain areas to ensure inter-related activities are aligned and coordinated;
- Develop, maintain, monitor and adjust project and resource plan to align with the master project plan; as well as with the evolving and dynamic situations associated with design, build, test and implementation, typical of large complex EHR implementations;
- Provides oversight and guidance to project team members to ensure accountability, clear workplans are in place to achieve critical milestones;
- Tracks and monitors project progress, deliverables and milestones according to project plan and in alignment with established project reporting cadence and processes; monitors and reports on status of projects and major obstacles encountered, utilizing concepts of Dynamic Scheduling to continuously anticipate, monitor, adjust and manage risks;
- Risk and Issues Management:
- Implements and/or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project;
- Responsible for ensuring risks and issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. Timely escalation using the escalation and governance process and structure;
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring risks and issues are effectively registered, monitored and followed to conclusion;
- Maintains ongoing support for initiatives from project sponsors and user groups, keeps stakeholders informed of project status and ensures effective communication channels are in place;
- Makes recommendations regarding project scope as applicable;
- Assists with the maintenance of project artefacts, including project plan, risks and issues log, action items, deliverables log, decision log etc.;
- Ensures that transparent, data-driven project reporting is in place with clear alignment to the approved project plan, deliverables and milestones; ensures that weekly and monthly status reports are collated, developed and provided in partnership with the Transformation Management Office;
- Participates in various governance and project meetings as required;
- Mentors internal staff to ensure knowledge transfer;
- Orientation & Onboarding: Work closely with the TMO to develop, maintain and adjust an orientation package for new resources;
- Administration: Work closely with the TMO to ensure new resources have been onboarded; issues addressed and resolved;
- Performs other duties as directed by the project support manager’s direct line manager.
In addition to the above, project support managers will hold specific functional accountabilities based on the areas of the program, they are assigned to lead, support and drive.
Note: This is an opportunity with a Microserve client.