RFP Writer/Technical Analyst (4 Month Contract)
Location: New Westminster, BC (Hybrid)
Staffing placement opportunity
Reporting to the IT project manager, the Technical Analyst will work closely with our end-user as well as other IT and internal stakeholders, such as Privacy and Record Management. The Technical Writer will provide services as follows including but not limited to:
• Determine proposal requirements by identifying and clarifying objectives within the RFP(s) and other procurement-related artifacts as required by Strategic Sourcing department.
• Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, and coordinating with key providers (e.g. business owners, subject matter experts, project manager, etc.) and other internal contributors (e.g. Privacy, Record Management, Information Security, Enterprise Architecture, Operations, etc.) for additional information, if needed.
• Produce high-quality RFP and other related artifacts by following industry technical writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
• Obtain internal approvals and submit completed documentation to the business owner and project manager for final review prior to submission to Strategic Sourcing team.
• Establish priorities and target dates to ensure that the proposals are submitted on time.
• Be comfortable with the uncomfortable and find opportunities to create value for our clients.
• Independently incorporate feedback and resolve issues from multiple stakeholders/sources.
• Actively participate in and lead communication SME portion of meetings/calls.
• The contracted candidate may also be assigned to other work as required by the Business Technology Services (BTS) Project Management Office. Project assignment will also depend on the candidate’s suitability and qualifications.
• Develop and finalize RFP artifacts for selecting the hardware, software and implementation service provider for the security cameras on impacted facilities.
• Develop and finalize required strategic sourcing artifacts for baselining the cabling requirements and designs.
• Develop vendor scoring matrix for evaluating hardware, software and implementation service provider.
• Report status periodically to the project manager and business owner.
• Support the IT project manager with other procurement-related work.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in English language, journalism, communication, or other related fields
• 5 – 7+ years hands-on experience in preparing Request for Proposal (RFP) with a strong understanding on the current technologies around security camera and related systems for physical facilities.
• Proven ability in preparing compelling RFP with a good representation of writing style.
• Experience in solicitating feedback from multiple sources, gain consensus from various stakeholders, resolve issues independently and thrives in a team environment.
• Curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized, thick-skinned, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
• Strong attention to details.
• Ability to work independently.
• Computer skills – Standard Office tools including word processing and spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel, etc.), and common project management software such as MS Project and Visio.
Note: this is an opportunity with a Microserve client.