Senior Application Architect (9 Month Contract)
Location: Remote/Edmonton, AB
Staffing Placement Opportunity
- Provide high quality expertise in architecting principles, approaches and best practices to effectively support the development of software applications and solutions in a .Net environment.
- Assist in buy vs build analysis and documentation for software solutions.
- Design frameworks, components and solutions that satisfy business requirements while maximizing the goal of reuse when applicable.
- Evaluate current services, recommend remedial actions where required.
- Assist in determining hardware/software requirements.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams on proof of concept and limited production roll outs.
- Provide quality control on production implementations.
- Ensure the application architecture is aligned with the ministry and GOA enterprise architecture standards and guidelines.
- Assist in developing project plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to architectural deployment and services delivery.
- Assist in developing task lists and resource assignments within the context of architectural planning and deployments.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to project team members by producing written specifications as needed, presenting technical information in formal meetings, and facilitating technical discussions.
- Document technical recommendations; provide technical advice and guidance to management, operations, project team members and relevant others.
- Document architecture designs, architectural models, related test plans, quality assurance plans, and other documents as required.
- Ensure change management processes are followed.
- Make recommendations to project team members pertaining to issues, risks and client satisfaction.
- Research, evaluate and report on the latest technology trends relevant to business needs.
- Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must meet or exceed one of the following:
- University graduation in computer science or a related discipline and 4-yr Application Architect (AA) experience; OR
- 2-yr diploma in computer science or a related discipline and 6-yr AA experience; OR
- 1-yr certificate in computer science or a related discipline and 7-yr AA experience; OR
- 8-yr AA experience
- Experience working as an application architect in an enterprise IT environment equivalent in size and complexity to the client.
- Experience documenting solution architecture in an environment equivalent in size and complexity to the client.
- Experience designing, planning, implementing and supporting software solutions in an environment equivalent in size and complexity to the client
- Experience with the client’s Enterprise Architecture or similar corporate architectures, and all associated best practices, methods, standards, tools, policies, and processes.
- Experience working as an application architect designing or maintaining solutions that use the development stack and derivative technologies (Microsoft .Net, Java, Python, etc.) within an organization of equivalent size and complexity to the client
- Experience in leading solution architecture and introducing the overall technical vision for a large-scale Enterprise projects.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders at all levels within an organization.
- Experience providing leadership, planning, estimating, and presentations of architecture ideas and solutions.
- Experience with Enterprise architectural elements like clustering, load balancing, caching, availability, disaster recovery, etc.
- Experience and technical knowledge of application programming design patterns.
- Technical knowledge of OWASP Top Ten Web Application Security Flaws.
- Experience in writing and maintaining application architecture development standards and guidelines.
- Certification in TOGAF. .
- Experience with cloud-native software development.
- Experience with application modernization within an organization of equivalent size and complexity to the client
- Canadian education (e.g. certificate, diploma or degree) or your foreign credentials certified by Immigration Canada, IQAS or any accreditation acceptable to the Government of Canada or Alberta.
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client. This position will be remote with onsite work as required by the client.