Senior BA (12 Month Contract)
New Westminster, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Normal business analysis deliverables and supporting documentation will be expected. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
a) System design specifications including component diagrams, interfaces to related systems, input and output requirements, and IT infrastructure requirements;
b) Requirements Definition Document;
c) Requirements Traceability Matrix;
d) Future State Business Process Document;
e) Detailed Design Specification Documents;
f) Test documents (i.e. use cases, scripts, and required test data);
g) Data Flow Diagrams, Entity-Relationship Diagrams, Context Diagrams;
h) Business Process Maps;
i) Process and system training documents for users;
j) Process and system user guide documents (i.e. user reference guide, operations guide, help/FAQ content, etc.);
k) System deployment documents (i.e. deployment plan, service desk guide, etc.);
l) Progress status reports.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with formal training on requirements analysis techniques or relevant experience.
- 10+ year’s requirements analysis experience.
- Experience with leading teams comprised of business analysts and business subject matter experts.
- Experience with timekeeping and pay rule analysis.
- Experience with or knowledge of scheduling system software is beneficial.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail working in a high transaction-based environment.
- Strong analytical, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and consolidate information from a variety of sources (i.e. documents, interviews, brainstorming sessions, etc.).
- Proven track record of working with business stakeholders to identify, assess and document business requirements.
- Ability to work with technical analysts/advisors and translate these requirements into detailed system specifications.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office tools, including Microsoft Visio.
Specific Service Details
Reporting to the Project Manager and working closely with the project team, the Contractor will provide end-to-end business analysis services for this project. Duties will include all aspects of business analysis including but not limited to the following:
• Work with the project team and business stakeholders to develop requirements;
• Work with the project team and business stakeholders to interpret business needs and prioritize business information needs;
• Facilitate discussions to identify, analyze, and validate requirements;
• Analyze, understand and learn the current state and future state business processes;
• Work with the project team and business stakeholders to finalize the design and documentation of the future to-be business process;
• Analyze, understand and learn the existing business problems;
• Analyze, understand and learn the operations system that is replacing the legacy system;
• Document the timekeeping and pay requirements;
• Develop appropriate business analysis deliverables for the project following project methodology;
• Produce process and system test cases (i.e. use cases);
• Produce process and system training material for end users, administrator, supervisors, and managers;
• Produce process and system user guide material (i.e. user guide, administrator guide, help, FAQ, etc.).
• Produce system deployment material (i.e. implementation playbook, service desk guide, etc.;
• Conduct process and system testing and maintain testing log;
• Prepare status updates and presentation materials as and when required;
• Review and validate business analysis deliverables with business stakeholders and obtain signoff;
• Contribute to the project plan, as required.
• The contracted candidate may also be assigned to other full life-cycle projects as required by the Business Technology Services (BTS) Project Management Office. Project assignment will also depend on the candidate’s suitability and qualifications.
Note; this is an opportunity with a Microserve client