Senior Data Architect – Digital Education (12 month contract)
Location: Remote/Edmonton, AB
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Data Architect provides architectural and technical expertise, leadership, project management and services related to data management to improve the quality, security, effectiveness and value of data and information.
Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
• Provide advice and consulting services regarding data management strategies, data architecture, and ministry data.
• Consult with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Assist in developing project plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to architectural deployment and services delivery.
• Assist in developing task lists and resource assignments within the context of architectural planning.
• Document technical recommendations; provide technical advice and guidance to management, operations and project team members and within shared IT services.
• Ensure change management processes are followed.
• Make recommendations to project team members pertaining to issues, risks and client satisfaction.
• Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.
- Experience working as a data architect in an enterprise IT environment equivalent in size and complexity to the client. At least one example must be drawn from private industry. At least one example should highlight cloud migration as a feature of long term data strategy.
- Experience leading master-data management projects in more than one data domain. This should include at a minimum experience with customer data, and should demonstrate experience in more than one organization.
- Experience leading data engineering teams for both older ETL tools (such as Informatica, SSIS, DataStage and Pentaho) as well as modern orchestration tools (such as Airflow, Luigi or Pachyderm). Experience must be shown from more than one organization.
- Experience leading data modeling teams for both transactional and analytical applications in more than one enterprise and/or more than one industry vertical.
- Experience leading data science, BI and/or product teams in more than one enterprise and/or more than one industry vertical.
- Experience with Devops and/or Dataops in more than one organization.
- Experience implementing training and capability-development teams in more than one organization.
- Experience managing marketing analytics and/or customer satisfaction measurement data in more than one organization
- DBA experience with SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS, as well as recent data science or data modeling experience with BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, or a columnar cloud database
- Experience facilitating engagement and collaboration with 2 of 3 of the following groups – public sector, private industry and the research community to identify and advance opportunities to improve existing data infrastructure and/or to identify, develop and advance opportunities for new and innovative data infrastructure that in turn improve service delivery.5
- Relevant graduate-level degree (e.g. MS or MSc in Computer Science, Data architecture)
- Product management experience
- Process mapping and metadata management.
- Experience implementing at least one data governance program
- Agile coaching experience
- Software engineering and architecture experience
- Experience with Google Analytics or Heap implementations
- Experience extracting data from one or more of the major HR software packages.
- Hands-on experience with Talend
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client. The role is to be performed remotely with onsite work as requested by the client.