Senior Software Engineer (Java) (Permanent)
Staffing Placement Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team. As part of a scrum team, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the Product, UI/UX, and Customer Service teams to design, build, and test application components. You will have significant ownership in your work and the chance to make use of diverse technologies to achieve the company objectives.
This role will report to the Team Lead.
- Design, implement, and unit test Java-based applications and microservice components.
- Participate in scrum processes.
- Review and analyze requirements during sprint planning.
- Create necessary design documentations.
- Working with scrum team to come up with the best solutions.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Debugging and resolving technical problems that arise.
- Assist with evaluation and testing of software products.
- Provide technical guidance to more junior staff, and review and oversee their work.
- 8+ years of Java development experience.
- Experience with JDK 8+, Spring Framework and other related technologies.
- Experience in creating and implementing REST API in microservices components
- Experience with relational database, such as Postgres.
- Experience with containers such as Docker.
- Experience participating in design reviews and code reviews.
- Experience working with CI/CD processes and tools such as Jenkins, Jira, etc.
- Experience working with AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in troubleshooting production issues, analyzing thread/heap dumps.
- Good working knowledge of Kafka, OAuth 2.0/OpenID Connect, and Kubernetes/Openshift.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to keep current with the constantly changing technology industry.
Note; this is an opportunity with a Microserve client