Senior Technical Analyst -Risk Assessment ( 26 Month Contract)
Location: Remote/ Edmonton, AB
Staffing Placement Opportunity
• Create project documents and associated planning documents.
• Create stakeholder analyses.
• Lead consultations and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
• Create business requirements, functional specifications and technical requirements.
• Create new business and technical processes and complete business process reviews/re-engineering for existing processes.
• Facilitate business process improvement sessions.
• Assist in the development of new IT services.
• Schedule, organize and lead project status meetings and other meetings as required.
• Provide support by bridging communication between vendors, client ministries, and corporate technical and business teams.
• Escalate unresolved issues/risks, options and recommendations.
• Responsible for business architecture design, software system specifications design, and database modelling.
• Participate iterative development using model-based processes .
• Perform project management, business and technical analysis and systems design in delivering complex software solutions spanning n-tier development environments.
• Produce project artifices with XML; UML and/or other web-services technologies.
• Prepare, update and manage documents defining the business requirements, software requirements, functional design, and project plans and schedules reflecting achievable deliverables for the applications.
• Prepare regular project status reports indicating project deliverables, possible risk and issues, time-lines and anticipated effort.
• Ensure appropriate project communication occurs to all parties involved during all phases of the project.
• Identify required user training.
• Additional responsibilities as required by the Project Manager for a Business Analyst or Lead Technical Analyst role
Qualifications or Experience Required:
• Must meet or exceed one of the following:
• 2-yr diploma in business, management or a related discipline and 6-yr BA experience; OR
• 1-yr certificate in business, management or a related discipline and 7-yr BA experience; OR
• 8-yr BA experience
• Experience as a business analyst translating business requirements into detailed technical requirements in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with written and verbal communications including specific experience in drafting strategic business and technical documentation.
• Experience in facilitating and managing business process development and process re-engineering workshops and sessions.
• Experience in gathering requirements from a diverse group of stakeholders across ministries or departments.
• Experience in developing integrated system and technical design specifications on complex engagements.
• Experience in the development of project documents for a wide variety of initiatives and projects (strategic, business improvement, information technology, etc.).
• Experience in facilitating meetings and communicating with senior management and project stakeholders.
• Experience in the design, development and implementation of complex IT solutions.
• Experience with development and implementation of content management, document management, records management, information management processes in applications.
• Experience working in or for the public sector.
• Experience with IT service management, IT service management applications, IT application development and maintenance projects.
• Experience working within an agile development environment.
• Experience with User Acceptance Testing processes on large, complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
• Canadian education (e.g. certificate, diploma or degree) or your foreign credentials certified by Immigration Canada, IQAS or any accreditation acceptable to the Government of Canada or Alberta.
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client. This position will be remote with onsite work as required by the client.