Senior Technical Business Analyst – Wayfinding Project
This pilot is part of the overall Braille & Tactile initiative that intends to implement braille and tactile signage and tactile walking surface indicators (TWSI) at all in-service bus stops of the client.
The wayfinding technology project will result in the implementation of a pilot to test a wayfinding
technology that can help our visually impaired community navigate their environment through audio
The project includes the following phases:
- Pre-pilot analysis. Identify, analyze, and define the business problem, opportunities, scope, requirements and primary objectives/goals related to the project or initiative.
- Procurement & Implementation.
- Trial & results analysis.
Reporting to the Project Manager and working closely with various business and technical stakeholders including software vendors and system integrators, the successful candidate will provide Business Analysis services as follows:
• Facilitate discussions to identify, analyze, and define the business problem, opportunities, scope, and primary objectives/goals related to the project or initiative;
• Lead discussions with stakeholder groups to identify and analyze requirements using a variety of techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases/scenarios, workflow analysis.
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into detailed functional and technical specifications.
• Document detailed business requirements and high-level system design using standard project methodology and coordinate requirement walk-throughs and signoffs with business stakeholders.
• Work with the project team and business stakeholders to document the current “AS-IS” and to design and document the future “TO-BE” business processes;
• Perform fit-gap analysis, as required.
• Coordinate technology stakeholders to define solutions options and identify technology/service gaps.
• Evaluate potential technology solutions to ensure that they meet business requirements.
• Document system requirements and develop design specifications;
• Prepare and present decision documentation to key stakeholders for decision-making.
• Review and validate business analysis deliverables and obtain stakeholder signoff;
• Support business stakeholders and the project team in developing plans and documents for testing and training;
• Assist the project manager in developing and maintaining project plans and the WBS, as required.
• Develop Use Case Scenarios and evolve them into test scenarios and test plans;
• Support and/or lead the development of a Test Strategy and Plan.
• In consultation with various stakeholders, including the SI and Software Provider, develop and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix and ensure that the solution is delivered according to specifications.
• Support and/or lead User Acceptance Testing. Coordinate the efforts of test resources including end-users;
• Conduct formalized User and System Acceptance Testing pilot sessions;
• Work with suppliers and other stakeholders to resolve conflicts around functionality, features, and specifications.
• Facilitate all BA-related communications and prepare and maintain relevant documentation.
• Utilize QA and Test software if required;
• Prepare status updates and presentation materials as and when required;
Knowledge and Experience:
? Bachelor’s degree and formal training on requirements analysis and/or process improvement techniques;
? 5+ years of functional and business analysis and process improvement experience;
? Experience working in a union, public sector environment is highly desirable;
? Experience implementing Health and Safety solutions is highly desirable;
? Training and experience in best practice business analysis techniques and processes;
? Experience delivering Organizations Change Management deliverables is an asset;
? Strong analytical, communication, and writing skills;
? Ability to gather, analyze, and consolidate information from a variety of sources (i.e. documents, interviews, brainstorming sessions etc.);
? Proven track record of working with business stakeholders to identify, assess, document and recommend solutions that meet requirements;
? Ability to work with technical analysts/advisors and translate business requirements into detailed system specifications;
? Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, supervisors, subject matter experts and end users;
? Ability to work collaboratively, professionally and effectively with the project team, the business stakeholders, and the end users;
? Knowledge and experience with the standard MS Office tools including Microsoft Visio (must be proficient); and
? Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Note; This is a part-time opportunity is with a Microserve client.