Senior Technical Systems Administrator – PeopleSoft (4.5 Month Contract)
Location: Remote/New Westminster, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
• Architecting and designing application deployment environments to be robust, secure, reliable and highly available.
• Setting up, configuring, and maintaining all PeopleSoft application environments and accompanying MS SQLServer databases in accordance with industry best practices.
• Escalating issues/problems to Oracle support and third parties as appropriate
• Preparing and configuration test environments, new servers, software installation/application of updates, development of user roles within the system, application testing and troubleshooting for isolating technical problems in the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) including SQLServer databases, application servers, and process schedulers.
• Performance tuning, system monitoring and trouble
• Configuration documentation;
• System design specifications including component diagrams interfaces to related systems, input and
output requirements, and IT infrastructure requirements and diagrams;
• Solution design documents;
• Standard Operating Procedures (for future state/upgraded application);
• Meeting agendas, minutes and action items.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or comparable experience.
• 10+ years of PeopleSoft Technical System Administration and upgrade experience.
• Expert level PeopleSoft implementation/upgrade projects (PUM) knowledge/experience as well as demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources and Payroll modules.
• Skills and experience in debugging/troubleshooting techniques for technical issues related to infrastructure components including application and web server, process scheduler, integration broker, Elasticsearch server, SMTP server and database.
• Strong knowledge of update and hands on experience applying PeopleSoft installation and maintenance (Tuxedo, Java, WebLogic, Web services, etc.) and PeopleSoft application/Tools upgrade and PUM.
• Expert knowledge of all aspects of the Oracle PeopleSoft architecture and experience with PeopleSoft v9.2 and PeopleTools v.8.57/v8.58.
• Experience with MS SQLServer, strong understanding of RDBMS and SQL skills.
• Experience with applying server certificates following best practices.
• Must possess a strong understanding of networking concepts, server administration, operating system concepts and fundamentals.
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client. This position will be remote with onsite work as required by the client.