Service Desk Agent (6 Month Contract)
Location: Edmonton, AB
Staffing Placement Opportunity
Not limited to but including:
- Provides a single point of contact for all users of the service.
- Ensures that a continuously high level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Receives calls at the Service Desk and undertakes dialogue with the user, ensuring standard Service Desk scripts are followed.
- Ensures that contingency plans are understood and followed in the event that the Service Desk tool is unavailable.
- Provides users with status reports on existing Incidents, ensuring the Incident record is updated accordingly.
- Identifies new requests that are not Incidents and manage them appropriately:
- If the request is a Change Request (RFC), initiate the Change Management process
- If the request is a Service Request(RfS), initiate the Standard Change / Service Request process o Monitors auto-generated incidents from event / alert monitoring, ensuring that they are correctly prioritised and action taken accordingly.
- Contacts Resolver groups to progress Incident, Problem and Change chases initiated by the user. o Reviews resolution details and take responsibility for closure of all Incidents:
- Contacts the user for agreement to close, ensuring the 3 strikes and out policy is employed.
- Checks the Incident classification and reset as necessary
- Enters Incident closure details, and mark the Incident as closed, ensuring appropriate closure codes are used. Raises Incidents to address unsuccessful Service Requests.
- Understands and operates escalation procedures – escalates and progresses incidents as required whilst keeping the user informed.
- Data Handling
- Records Incidents/Changes/Service Requests within the Incident Management tool and assigns to the appropriate Resolver.
- Ensures new Incident records are opened for all legitimate Incidents.
- Ensures that users do not have multiple Incident records open for the same issue.
- Ensures correct contact details are recorded on all Incidents.
- Captures accurate descriptions of all new Incidents/Changes/Service Requests, classifies them correctly and applies the appropriate classification codes.
- Where an Incident has been generated by a third party or other Service Desk, ensures the external reference number has been captured.
- Ensures Incidents which are chargeable or out of scope are flagged as such.
- Identifies Incidents that require management through additional processes:
- If the Incident is a Major Incident, set the MI flag and initiate the MI process
- If the Incident is a complaint, initiate the Complaints process
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.