Software Testing Specialist (3 Month Contract)
Location: Burnaby, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
• The candidate will review functional and non-functional requirements; develop test plans to ensure adequate test coverage, estimate testing efforts, develop detailed test cases, execute the test cases, document the test results; liaise with business process owners, business analysts, developers, and project management to help speedy resolution of issues; retest and regression test as necessary; provide periodic and on demand updates on status of testing efforts
• The candidates will use companies software tools and follow companies processes in their work
• The candidates will abide by companies internal controls for information systems security, confidentiality of data and non-disclosure policies
Qualifications and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years experience in testing business applications with complex business rules and processes.
Specific skill requirements are:
Must Have Skills
• Candidate must be familiar with MS Office Suite and Office 365
• Proven experience in testing at least one enterprise business application. Examples of such enterprise applications include Hexagon I/CAD, ACTIVENet, EnerGov, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle Financials, SAP, Tempest, etc.
• Proven experience in testing real time and batch integrations between business applications
• Proven experience in working in medium to large software implementation projects
• Proven experience in using software (e.g., Confluence, Jenkins, Jmeter, Jira, Ranorex, Selenium, TestRail etc.) for documenting test cases and test runs, raising and tracking issues, developing test automation scripts, managing tasks and project documents
• Proven experience in vetting functional and non-functional requirements; creating test plans, test data and test cases; manual and automated execution of test cases; creating automation scripts; developing plans for user acceptance testing; maintaining clear, concise, and complete documentation
• Proven experience in executing test cases and reporting results
• Proven experience coordinating, leading, and facilitating end-to-end testing and user acceptance testing sessions
• Thorough understanding of software testing lifecycle – unit, functional, integration, regression, load/performance, system, end-to-end and user acceptance testing; and test automation
Highly Desirable Skills
• Proven experience in testing incident management suites for taking 911 type of calls and dispatching support personnel (e.g., firefighters, law enforcement or medical support personnel)
• Knowledge of how relational databases are structured
• Knowledge of business process modeling using Swimlane diagrams
• Knowledge of business use cases, including narratives
• Experience with testing mobile apps and load/performance testing
• Professional certifications in software testing
• Business analysis experience or knowledge
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Ability to listen well and communicate thoughtfully to a wide range of stakeholders, from senior management in IT and business to data entry personnel
• Excellent problem-solving skills, technical aptitude, and detailed oriented
• Strong written communication, documentation, and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
• Demonstrated understanding of agile and waterfall implementation methodologies
• Proven track record of delivering assignments within agreed upon timeframes
1. Produce weekly status reports, broken down into daily number of hours worked and by tasks, using the company time tracking system. The reports must include reporting on work accomplished during the period and work planned for the next period. These will be printed, signed as being correct, and submitted to the company by the Consultant.
2. Communicate assignment status in a timely and clear fashion to the appropriate member of the Senior Management of the IT Department and other companies management, staff and other contractors or consultants involved in related IT assignments, as appropriate to the specific assignment.
3. Provide weekly updates on deliverables and impact of proposed changes to timelines.
4. Provide formal documentation, in accordance with the PMO methodologies and documentation standards.
5. Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to staff on system set up, configuration and support requirements.
Note: this is an opportunity with a Microserve client.