Stream Lead – Financial and Talent Management (19 month contract)
Location: Remote/Victoria, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The Stream Lead is responsible for Managing the Financial Management and the Talent Management Streams, the teams, and the execution of stream and project deliverables This role is expected to operate at a senior level and have a solid understanding of the challenges in working on programs in a complex public sector environment.
• Building relationships and collaborating with various groups of diverse stakeholders.
• Facilitating working sessions with cross functional teams to support business requirements gathering activities
• Providing support and contributing to communications and organizational change activities
• Applying best practices and methods for business analysis and documentation.
• Documenting and reviewing standard operating procedures, processes and end-user documentation.
• Training and managing the Financial Management and the Talent Management team including participation to hiring activities
• Collaborate with other streams to ensure program integration
• Provide support to the Functional Lead and the Technical Lead as required
• Lead the implementation of Financial Management and Human Resources future state business process design and system implementation with the vendor, as follows:
o Payroll and Absence Management
o Compensation and Benefits Administration
o Travel and Expense Claims
o Accounts Payable Contract and Non-contract
o Recruitment and onboarding
o Performance Management
o Succession planning
o Various workflows
o Various reports
• Working within agile teams, including:
o Participating in Sprint Planning and setting the sprint plan goals.
o Delivering a potentially releasable Increment of “Done” product at the end of each Sprint.
o Contributing to continuous improvement of the team's process.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience leading/contributing to organizational change management initiatives
- Ability to successfully manage teams including cross functional teams
- Ability to facilitate working sessions and conduct interviews to elicit requirements
- Ability to apply knowledge of best practices and methods for business analysis
- Ability to document standard operating procedures, processes and end-user documentation
The client seeks a versatile, collaborative professional who can adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced team environment. Experience in a higher education setting and/or with system implementation projects is preferred.
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client. The work is to be performed remotely and on site as requested by the client.