Systems Analyst – SDLC (10 month contract)
Location: Remote/Victoria, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
The Systems Analyst is a collaborative role that works closely with client stakeholders and third-party
service providers to analyze patterns, identify problems and determine, design (software or process) and
recommend, document and implement solutions as part of product delivery.
This role participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle process including solutions
planning, development/testing and delivery into operations.
The Systems Analyst takes responsibility for independent learning through feedback, a genuine interest
and time commitment to develop technical and business skills and knowledge while learning and
improving from technical feedback while delivering high quality solutions. The Systems Analyst requires a strong technical background and confidence in delivering and managing both cloud based and legacy applications within a team environment.
• Researches and evaluates vendor supplied applications, develops recommendations, and implements accordingly.
• Analyzes and reviews existing or proposed system features and integration, security, scalability and performance requirements with clients, business analysts, and team members.
• Manages production and nonproduction application environments.
• Maintains core application infrastructure, including virtual servers, networks and
• Plans and performs global configuration changes or module deployments for enterprise or complex applications.
• Integrates vendor supplied applications with existing infrastructure and applications through custom interfaces and components.
• Manages small to medium sized projects and related budgets.
• Provides technical expertise, training, and consultation to other staff.
• Develops or modifies software code to meet specifications or facilitate integration.
• Conducts testing of new or customized application modules to ensure application meets specifications.
• Develops application documentation requirements for functions, modifications, backups and operating procedures. Provides ongoing maintenance and operational support for applications.
• Supports application lifecycle and applies and follows appropriate change management methodologies and best practices.
• Maintains appropriate professional designations and up to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools and provides input to strategies for ongoing support and upgrade of these systems.
• Builds and maintains good working relationships and collaborates with others.
• Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to research and evaluate vendor supplied applications, develops recommendations and implements according to best practices
- Ability to apply knowledge of best practices and methods for systems analysis
- Ability to document standard operating procedures, processes and end-user documentation
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to distinguish business process change requirements from systems change requirements.
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Experience with business transformation or system implementation projects
- Ability to work in an agile or hybrid environment
The client seeks a versatile, collaborative professional who can adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced team environment. Experience in a higher education setting and/or with system implementation projects is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of systems analysis experience on projects of similar size and complexity.
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client. The role is to be performed remotely with onsite work as requested by the client.