Technical Consultant – Java Developer (12 month contract)
Location: Burnaby, BC
Staffing Placement Opportunity
- Taking on the outstanding developments phase of the SLIM Upgrade that is assigned to them
- Working with the Application lead and other team members to coordinating/ analyze the Application upgrade tasks.
- Majority of work will be focused on development to upgrade the existing code ie JSF 1.2 and Richfaces to JSF 2.3 and Myfaces – Tobago.
- Interact with the QA team to resolve any issues with the new upgrade code.
- Work with the QA team to run test scenarios in the various environments
- 5+ years of application development experience using Java in Windows or Unix
- 5+ years of J2EE (Servlet, EJB, and Web Services) experience on WebLogic or similar application server performing application deployment, configuration and troubleshooting
- Server Side Java experience including multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with Object-Oriented and Service
- Oriented Architecture, applications design, object modeling and data modelling
- Experience with Oracle database, PL/SQL, and related tools (Toad, SqlPlus)
- Database design and programming using JDBC/SQL or persistence frameworks including JPA, Hibernate and Hibernate Spatial
- Version control systems (SVN and GIT) and continuous integration systems knowledge
- Familiar with agile/scrum software development methodology
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, flexible, open-minded approach towards work assignments
- Good interpersonal skills with a natural ability to work with and support colleagues, ability to adapt to and work effectively with clients and co-workers with different styles and levels of technical knowledge
- Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision and work well under pressure
- Good analytical, troubleshooting, debugging skills and proven ability to discern critical from minor problems
Note; This opportunity is with a Microserve client.