Training Specialist – Instructional Systems Designer
Location: Burnaby – Remote, Flexible
Opportunities at Microserve
Microserve is looking for a training specialist / instructional designer to join our team that will have dual role; first as a training specialist tasked with delivering Microsoft Office 365 related training content to our clients and second, to focus on improving our onboarding experience for new staff as we continue to grow our team. This role will be based in our headquarters in Burnaby, BC.
The Training Specialist – Instructional Designer will help to develop and deliver learning content on full scope of IT services solutions. The successful candidate will work with each business unit at Microserve, along with various subject matter experts to understand job roles and related tasks that need additional training, or trained on in order to develop high-quality content and materials for internal audiences. The primary method of delivery for internal teams will be eLearning, with some responsibility for developing content for face-to-face and instructor-led online training.
As it relates to external training for our clients, you will be a part of our consulting team and will be tasked to create and deliver adoption and training sessions with our clients, to showcase the value of Windows 10 and Office 365. Including, Microsoft Teams for modern meetings, SharePoint and OneDrive for co-authoring, and provide in-person solution demonstrations focused on driving end user adoption for our clients in BC and Alberta.
You are a motivated, detail-oriented individual who is driven to design learning experiences that drive high performance. You love to work in a collaborative environment while hitting individual milestones. You are looking for a fast-paced opportunity with a vibrant, growing company.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Management, design, development, and delivery of training courses within the IT industry
- Research, identification, and documentation of training needs based on performance objectives and existing skill sets, including conducting on-site assessments with end user groups and key stakeholders.
- Preparation of training strategies and delivery methodology analyses.
- Preparation of cost/benefit analyses for training facilities and deliverables.
- Development of training delivery plans, instructional guidelines, and performance standards and assessment mechanisms.
- Supervising the implementation and adaptation of training products to customer requirements.
- Preparing materials and conducting presentations for senior customer representatives.
- Ability to adhere to a consistent visual style that fits within brand guidelines
- Strong visual layout and graphic presentation skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts and video scripts
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts within each business unit to analyze, design, develop, storyboard, narrate, edit, assess, and evaluate and build training curriculum.
- Create and integrate interactive elements into eLearning courses, including graphics, audio, narrations, gamification, etc.
- Organize updates to existing learning materials for the continuous improvement of course content.
- Perform quality assurance testing during the development life cycle of training programs, products and services.
Learning systems management
- Administer existing learning management platforms for Microserve, and for our clients subscribing to Office 365 training and adoption services
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of learning solutions and use the data to continuously improve our learning solutions.
- Learn new tools and technology to provide the best experience for the learners.
- Manage content / knowledge base hubs ensuring users can easily find everything they need
- Manage and prioritize multiple learning project plans with extreme flexibility to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to jump in quickly and do the work as well as help create the vision
- Will have or obtain a strong understanding of current design and technology trends
- Ability to define project assignments, prioritize and oversee multiple projects
- Meet established deadlines for all deliverables
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices & procedures for marketing
- An ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, through presentations, SME interviews, one-on-one, meetings, e-mails and other correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to manage a multitude of projects at any one give time, while being able to work with a team and meet respective deadlines
Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in instructional design, education, marketing or equivalent
- Demonstrated competency in instructional design, curriculum development and e-Learning
- Strong command within the Microsoft Office 365 suite of offerings; specifically Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive expertise
- Microsoft Certified Trainer or Microsoft 365 Certified (E.g. Teamwork Administrator associate) highly desirable
- Experience with course development, building program content and converting to online learning and training simulations
- Well versed in video editing technology and techniques
- Knowledge of mobile learning tools and standards
- Experience with modern eLearning authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate
- Experience with social learning techniques and gamification preferred
- Experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro is preferred
- Experience with graphics/illustration tools such as Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop is preferred
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills
- Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including senior management
- Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed; able to drive deliverables and results which involve people who do not report to you.
Ability to work independently and within a remote team