VMWare Backfill (3 Month Contract)
Staffing Placement Opportunity
- Focus primarily on installing, supporting and managing Vmware Vsphere 6.0, 6.5, 6.7 and associated Virtual tools.
- Perform daily monitoring, and management of VMWare systems including backup administration, log monitoring, and capacity management
- Provide senior level support for Windows 2008 R2, 2012, and 2019 servers hosted within VMWare, as well as stand alone and clustered Windows systems.
- Perform commissioning and decommissioning and support of Windows and Linux servers within the VMWare environment.
- Perform diagnostic and troubleshooting activities that require an in depth knowledge of endpoint operating systems, networking, communication protocols, and other 3rd party tools related to end to end delivery of Windows Systems and VMWare systems.
- Provide after hours support as required for critical incident support, system maintenance and upgrades, and high priority project support.
- Provide support, guidance, and training to other IMIT and departments as it relates to the deployment and usage of VMWare and Windows systems.
- Support the upgrade and administration of Enterprise Level Virtualization technologies including growth projections, host management, SAN support, usage monitoring, alerting, patching, problem diagnostic and resolution.
- Senior level experience with all recent versions of VMWare including 6, 6.5 and 6.7
- Senior level experience managing all aspects of a large enterprise virtual farm including ESX Hosts, vCenter, VM, vMotion, svMotion, storage, networking and rules.
- Demonstrated senior level experience supporting and troubleshooting VMware ESX and Virtual Center Environments, including patching, managing and deploying VMware systems.
- Experience with ITIL processes and use of ITIL compliant tools such as HP Service Manager 9, Service Now, or other related tools
- Senior level experience with SAN administration within a VMware environment. Disk provisioning, LUN administration, and VMWare disk Management.
- Senior level experience with Nimble SANs, including management and integration within a VMWare environment
- Experience performing daily monitoring of tasks and events, backups, vROPS monitoring, patch and update management on production Windows and VMWare servers.
- Senior level troubleshooting and diagnostic skills with Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Senior level experience with Windows server services including Active Directory, DNS, Windows clustering, group policy, and file and print.
Note; This job opportunity is with a Microserve client. This position will be remote with onsite work as required by the client