Disaster Recovery and Offsite Backup Solutions Powered by Veeam Cloud Connect
Why do you need a cloud Availability strategy?
For today’s Always-On Enterprise™, downtime and unavailable data — even for a few minutes — can have an immediate impact on brand reputation, revenue, customer loyalty and employee productivity. Every stakeholder in today’s ecosystem expects to have services and data available 24x7x365.
Veeam® provides simple, straightforward opportunities for customers with on-premises Veeam deployments to extend their Availability strategy to the cloud.
What makes Veeam cloud-based disaster recovery and off-site backup easy and secure?
With Veeam Cloud Connect, you can avoid the cost and complexity of building and maintaining an off-site infrastructure for backups or disaster recovery. Veeam Cloud Connect is available in all editions of Veeam Availability Suite™, Veeam Backup & Replication™ and Veeam Backup Essentials™, allowing you to:
- NEW! Utilize DRaaS (Disaster Recovery as a Service) as part of a comprehensive Availability strategy and perform disaster recovery in the cloud
- Master the 3-2-1 Rule for an industry best practice backup strategy (3 copies of your data, on two types of media, with one copy stored off site)
Cloud-based disaster discovery / DRaaS
Advanced, image-based VM replication through Veeam Cloud Connect is simple to set up, easy-to-use and includes:
- A cloud host for DR with CPU (central processing unit), RAM (random access memory), storage and networking resource allocation from a DRaaS provider
- Full site failover to a remote DR site from anywhere with just a few clicks through a secure web portal and partial site failover to instantly switch over to selected VM replicas only
- Full and partial failback to restore normal business operations
- Built-in network extension appliances to simplify networking complexity and preserve communication with and between running VMs, regardless of the physical location
- 1-click failover orchestration for quick execution and site failover testing for failover simulation, without disrupting production workloads
- Single-port connectivity via a secure, reliable TLS/SSL (Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer) connection to a service provider with traffic encryption
- Multiple traffic-reduction technologies, including built-in WAN acceleration, BitLooker™ and replica seeding
How it works:
Veeam delivers powerful and reliable features and functionality to help you avoid the risk of catastrophic data loss. With Veeam Cloud Connect, you get:
- Hosted off-site backups: Get your backups off site to a hosted cloud repository through a secure SSL connection with no additional Veeam licensing required
- Complete visibility and control: Access and recover data in hosted backup repositories directly from the backup console, track cloud repository consumption and receive reminders for hosted storage renewals
- A modern backup architecture: Leverage Veeam’s modern backup technology, including backup copy jobs with built-in WAN acceleration, forever incremental backups, GFS (grandfather-father-son) retention policies and more ― all built into one product
- End-to-end encryption: Rest easy by encrypting all data at source (before it leaves your network perimeter), in flight and at rest, without negatively affecting the data reduction ratios of built-in compression and WAN acceleration
How it works:
Veeam Cloud Connect backup and replication is included within Veeam Availability Suite, Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup Essentials for all end users at no additional charge and with no additional licensing required. However, you will need to acquire a subscription to the appropriate computer and/or storage resources in order to use it.