Seeking candidates for two full-time IT jobs in Victoria BCCheck out this week's jobs of the week and check out all our other great IT positions online on the Microserve careers page.
Asset Recovery Technician, Microserve, Victoria, BC
Position OverviewFull-time position based in Microserve's Victoria office (Saanichton). An Asset Recovery Technician will have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing workload while maintaining a high level of accuracy, cleanliness, and safety.
- Receiving computer systems in a warehouse environment.
- Protecting client data by wiping, destroying, and processing computer drives and media
- Shipping related duties
- Update paperwork and tickets within internal systems
- Organizing and processing incoming warehouse inventory.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Applicant must be organized and have the ability to multi-task
- 0-2 years of experience in a warehouse setting
- Applicants should have good attention to detail
- Applicants should have good communications skills
- Basic computer user skills (Windows, Excel) an asset
- Experience with computer hardware an asset
- Ability to work under pressured and fast faced work environment
- Ability to adapt to changes and to learn company policies quickly
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting or individually
- Ability to be accountable to your team and other departments
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)
- Must have vehicle to travel in between clients
Technical Project Manager, Victoria, BC
Client OverviewOur client, based in beautiful downtown Victoria, BC, is responsible for the administration and delivery of two of the Province of British Columbia’s most important health care programs. They are constantly looking at new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of British Columbia. Because of this, and given their expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, they are positioned for significant growth.
Position OverviewMicroserve's client requires a Technical Project Manager to join its team in Victoria. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
RequirementsOur client. has an immediate opening for a Project Manager with a successful track record of managing IT system implementation projects.
The Project Manager will lead matrix project teams that may include:
- Operations Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, Application Developers, and Systems Engineers.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management including:
- the health and execution of projects, communication of project status both within Maximus and to external stakeholders (clients and partners), budget management, change management, and the integration of project activities through the client’s implementation methodology.
These projects are cross-functional and cross-organizational;
- They vary in scope, visibility, and impact; hence PM’s must effectively facilitate inclusive and consultative decision-making, influence at all levels of the organization, and effectively negotiate and leverage resources.
Other beneficial experience with one or more of the following:
- Managing a high performing technical team to deliver infrastructure projects
- Working with vendors and 3rd party support organizations, as well as data center providers.
- Managing infrastructure projects such as data center moves, hardware and software upgrades
- Managing Oracle DBMS and middleware upgrade projects, including any development and testing required for the Oracle applications
- Managing Desktop updates and windows rollouts
- Working on vendor selection committees or projects
- Engaging as part of an overall larger project and working towards common goals and objectives to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Understanding of ITIL and of SDLC methodology
- PMI certification and prior experience with an application landscape that supports a Health Services environment will be an asset
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in information systems, computer science, or related field, and demonstrated experience successfully managing the development and implementation of large scale enterprise applications.
- Along with attractive market salaries, our client also offer 100% employer paid benefits, and defined benefit pension plans.
- Our client requires a criminal record check and driver’s abstract.
View All Posts