Are you looking for a job in IT? Microserve is looking to fill in positions for a Project Manager in our Victoria office and a Systems Administrator in our Edmonton office.
Details for both positions below and the rest of our current positions are available on the Microserve careers page.
Systems Administrator, Edmonton
Position OverviewMicroserve is looking for a Systems Administrator for an initial 3 month contract based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Provide systems administration and technical consultation for the Operations (Windows) platform.
- Plan, deploy, and support projects, builds and growth and sustainment.
- Support the team in day to day operations and new evolving technologies while utilizing change management standards.
- Work and share best practices with talented colleagues in a fun and fast paced team environment.
- Work both independently and in a cross functional team environment.
- Advanced/superior technical and analytical skills. Requires judgment in making and owning technical decisions
- Advanced ability to lead and collaborate with a variety of diverse groups and technical teams (internal and/or external).
- Develop and foster positive relationships with other team members.
- Support specific customer issues through assessment, interpretation, resolution or recommendations.
- Minimum of 5 years of equivalent experience in the IT industry displaying progressive responsibility and achievement in a large scale environment.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 experience.
- SCCM / IIS / SCOM experience.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies (VMware).
- LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Multicast and Unicast traffic
- Enterprise architecture (tier 3 calls)
- Active Directory & Identity Management.
- Project Management (tier 3 calls)
- Systems methodologies/tools for troubleshooting.
- Computer Science Degree or Technology graduate and/or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Certification considered an asset.
Additional experience with any of the following will be considered an asset
- Collaboration tools/database
- Network Design & Management
- Protocols / Technologies: DHCP, TCP/IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, XML, NFS, DNS, SAN, NNTP, etc
- Firewalls, F5 LTM/GTM
Project Manager, Victoria
Position OverviewMicroserve's client requires a Project Manager to join its team in Victoria. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in information systems, computer science, or related field, and demonstrated experience successfully managing the development and implementation of large scale enterprise applications.
- PMI certification and prior experience with an application landscape that supports a Health Services environment will be an asset.
- The Project Manager will lead matrix project teams that may include: Operations Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, Application Developers, and Systems Engineers.
- The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management including: the health and execution of projects, communication of project status both within internal and to external stakeholders (clients and partners), budget management, change management, and the integration of project activities through client implementation methodology.
- These projects are cross-functional and cross-organizational; they vary in scope, visibility, and impact; hence PM’s must effectively facilitate inclusive and consultative decision-making, influence at all levels of the organization, and effectively negotiate and leverage resources.
Apply for the Project Manager position online or email your resume to email@example.com.
View All Posts