Deployment Technician, Microserve Head Office
Position OverviewThe Deployment Technician is responsible for deploying and retiring IT hardware in our branch or client environments. This may involve physical installation, transfer of settings or data, installation and configuration of software, or training and support for PCs, Laptops, Printers and Peripherals. This position may require travel throughout the lower mainland.
- Software and network configuration and troubleshooting
- Software installation
- Printer/peripheral installation
- Diagnose, repair, and upgrade PC software and equipment
- Image workstation for new deployments
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Record-keeping and asset management
- Support other departments as necessary, depending on workload
- Work proactively to insure that services delivery are aligned to the client needs
- Delivering computer and/or printer orientation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1 year experience in an enterprise/business IT environment.
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment.
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- Experience in PC assembly or repair.
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) considered an asset
- Vendor-specific hardware certification desired.
- Presentation and training skills an asset.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC).
Senior Business Analyst, Victoria/Saanich (Contract)
Position OverviewMicroserve's client requires a Senior Business Analyst to join its team in Saanich/Victoria. This is a contract position (40 hours per week) for 3 months with the potential for extension as approved by the client.
Business case development
Understanding and application of business analysis, including;
- Conducting business process reviews including analysis and documentation of current business processes, issues and opportunities; development of target business processes and recommendations
- Elicits, analyzes, validates, and documents business requirements; uses expert knowledge to ensure the appropriate methods are used; ensures that the requirements gathered meet the business objectives and satisfy organizational goals.
- Document and evaluates business requirements against technical environment, provides solution analysis and recommendations
- Conduct gap analysis of business requirements against business solution functionality
Leading business solution implementation projects including:
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams to implementing business solutions in a complex organization and complex technical environment
- Development of high-level and detailed implementation plans
- Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing
- Development of test strategies (test plans and user test scripts)
- Development of training materials
- Implementing change in a complex organization
- Risk and issue analysis and resolution
- Post implementation review
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including:
- Effectively communicating and engaging with all organizational level
- Effective workshop and meeting facilitation skills
- Effective interviewing skills
- Excellent presentation development and delivery for technical and non-technical audiences
Experience with MS Office suite, MS Project and Visio
RequirementsPreference will be given to proponents who:
- Senior Business Analyst must have 6 + years’ experience working on medium-large sized projects.
- Possess Certification as a Business Analyst and some level of Project Management Certification.
- Public Safety Information Technology experience
- Emergency Management Dispatch / Call Center experience
- Computer Aided Dispatch, Fire CAD experience, and/or Intergraph CAD experience.
- Records Management System (RMS), Fire RMS experience, and/or FDM experience
- Telephony Network, Wireless Telephony and Radio Communication Network experience
Apply for the Senior Business Analyst position online or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
View All Posts