Details for the jobs are below and the rest of our current positions are available on the Microserve careers page.
Service Technician, Victoria
Position OverviewThe Service Technician works under general supervision; typically reports to the Technical Services Lead or Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintains, deploys, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs printer systems, computer hardware and related peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Perform diagnostic repairs and preventative maintenance for our clients in the local area
- Trains and consults end users on printer functions as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1-3 years’ experience in the service and repair of computers and/or printers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive customer service
- CompTIA A+ (or similar) Certification considered an asset
- Manufacturer certifications considered an asset
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s service advisory and parts lookup processes considered an asset.
- Must have reliable vehicle and driver's license (we offer competitive mileage reimbursement)
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)
Position OverviewMicroserve's client requires up to 7 Developers to join its team in Vancouver. This is a contract position (40 hours per week) for 6 months with the potential for up to 10 extension for 3 months each.
ResponsibilitiesThe client is specifically seeking two types of Developers: Java Developers and General Developers. Candidates must not only have the required skills described below but MUST also qualify in one of the following areas:
- A minimum of five (5) years of Java/JEE experience developing web based Java/JEE solutions from start to finish;
- A good understanding of the Model View Controller design patterns;
- Programming knowledge of Java Web Services using protocol such as SOAP;
- Programming knowledge of XML;
- Expert level experience in frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and Struts;
- Experience using Application Servers such as WebLogic, Glassfish and JBoss; and
- Experience with SQL Query and PL/SQL development.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with SQL Query and PL/SQL development; and
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with one of the following development environments: Net, C#, Delphi
RequirementsAll Developers should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have a degree or diploma in information technology, computer science, or similar field preferred, or has an equivalent combination of experience, training and education;
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of recent and related experience in Object Oriented Programming (“OOP”) and Object Oriented Design (“OOD”) techniques, methods and modules;
- Have the ability to adjust quickly and easily to changes in work procedures;
- Have the ability to identify priorities and ensure that work is completed within stipulated time frames;
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Have an understanding of business processes;
- Have an understanding of project management methodologies;
- Have excellent written, oral communication and inter-personal skills;
- Have excellent troubleshooting, analytical, problem solving and judgment abilities;
- Have the ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with individuals at various levels in the organization; and
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities and produce results within deadlines.
DesirablesThe following skills and experience are desirable (for all Developers) and will enhance this category, but will not eliminate the Proponent’s candidate from consideration.
- Knowledge of the client’s business model and systems;
- Experience with Oracle Middle Tier (OSB, SOA Suite, OSR, WebLogic, BPEL);
- Experience with PostgreSQL;
- Experience with TOAD development tool/Oracle SQL Developer
- Experience with eCommerce development experience;
- Experience with integration with identity management systems;
- Experience with integration with on-line payment providers;
- Experience with Talend Master Data Management;
- Experience with JSF component library such as RichFaces, ICEfaces; and
- Working knowledge of development management tools such as Subversion.
Apply for one of the Developer positions online or email your resume to email@example.com.
View All Posts